Today we are announcing EssentialPIM Free and Pro 2.0 Release Candidates. It is pretty stable version
that has been in testing for 2 month, so we expect no problems installing it. Still, please backup your
database manually before installing 2.0.
Your 1.x key should work fine on this version.
New features in Pro and Free versions:
- New database engine (Firebird. Open source and powerful. Advanced users can now easily access their database directly)
- Complete new interface (you get more calendars, free!)
- Extensive Network capabilities (access via LAN, internet, 4 levels of permissions, public, read-only items. Network version only)
- Multiple sorting in Contacts (use Ctrl+ click to sort)
- In Contacts and To Do's- direct editing in main view (without opening a new modal window)
- To Do's trees can now collapse and expand (Pro only)
- PALM synchronization (Pro only)
- Much improved synchronization with Outlook (Pro only)
EssentialPIM 2.0 RC2 can be downloaded from the Download section on the web site.