Network version and built in email function

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

bobekk
Novice

Network version and built in email function

Post by bobekk »

Its seems that email function is independant on users that use server as database?

i have 5 clients connected to my server, yet when they setup email account - that account is available only to them, meaning its not transfered to server and become available to all users that use server database right?

If yes how i can backup my emails and all account settings and other email related stuff in epim ?

If yes then why i cannot enter my inbox when i lost connection to my database
Max
Site Admin

Re: Network version and built in email function

Post by Max »

Mail accounts are all stored in the server database, but are only accessible for each user personally. So if you backup server database, all mail accounts will be backed up.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
bobekk
Novice

Post by bobekk »

Max wrote:Mail accounts are all stored in the server database, but are only accessible for each user personally. So if you backup server database, all mail accounts will be backed up.
good to know

but lets say user will go away from office and will lost connection to db and also his inbox, is there any plans to make it accesible "offline" without server.
This is last thing that keeps my company from throw away ugly outlook 2007 and use epim only. When we finish our work day and take out notebooks to home (and lost connection do epim server) we need to check our inbox etc. I know i can host server via internet but if u remember Max i have problem with it due only 2mb upload speed and we have now like 3000+ contacts + 2500 tasks etc : /
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Yes, you do have possibility of offline storage like in Outlook.
Just create a new empty database in EPIM (a local *.epim file) and put it on user's laptop, along with EPIM Sync.
Now, when you need to go, just synchronize your *.epim file installed on laptop with a network database (using user's login/password, not SYSDBA).
Now you can work with *.epim file without any server.
When you arrive back to the office, just synchronize once more and everything will be back on the server.
That should work fine for all EPIM data.

Just one suggestion though. If possible IMAP setup for mail accounts is suggested, this way you will not even need to synchronize your email between EPIM copies.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
bobekk
Novice

Post by bobekk »

how i can setup IMAP in epim ?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Just start File-> New-> Mail Account and in Wizard you will have an option to use IMAP or POP3.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
safelink

when the today plan use email function send

Post by safelink »

hi:

I use essentialPIM pro network 3.1 ,the trial version. the language is Chinese_simpl. when I use email function that taday's plan translate to others:

1.the email window go to a unknow code,little word issue "?" .

2.email Text edit windows is not regual that enter chinese_simpl word.

I'm sorry to my english is poor.

PLS contact me for my email:zjlyh@vip.qq.com,thanks.
Attachments
.rar
bmp to say problem
(176.7 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, will see if can fix.
Maxim,
EPIM Team