Network use

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Joenz235wf

Network use

Post by Joenz235wf »

I need to have 7 users connected concurrently, all able to view, create, and modify any items created by any user. Does the network version support this kind of use. I have been trying the trial version of the network version but when I try to connect to the database it states " cannot connect as a user already connected" That user is connected an another networked PC.
Joenz235wf

Re: Network use

Post by Joenz235wf »

I downloaded the latest release 2.8 and reinstalled to 2 PCs. The error I am having is that on the PC without firebird iI am told I need to purchase a network version. That seems OK but I need to trial it before I outlayover $500.00 for a netwok version.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi,

Sorry for delayed reply.
yes, EPIM does what you described in an above post. Have sent you now a PM with a temporary code for several users.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
BCSAKONIDIS

Post by BCSAKONIDIS »

Why cannot more than 1 users can connect into a network database simultaneously ?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

BCSAKONIDIS wrote:Why cannot more than 1 users can connect into a network database simultaneously ?
This is true in case of TRIAL version. This is the limitation of a trial.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
alby

Post by alby »

Hello , two suggestion :

1- In the screen of use of epim network is not displayed about is the user in this moment active

2 - In the screen of use of epim network not the user sees that created this event, both the public that only reading

Sorry, but are Italian and I do not speak English, use a translator. Greetings. Alby
greetings to all

Alby
Wer666

Post by Wer666 »

Hi evryone! Please tell me about synchroization with Portable and Network version of EssenstialPIM.
In my usbflashdrive - EssentialPIM Portable, and at work i have EssentialPIM Network. May I sync my Essential PIM's and stay confidential of corurse))?
Thank you!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Wer666 wrote:Hi evryone! Please tell me about synchroization with Portable and Network version of EssenstialPIM.
In my usbflashdrive - EssentialPIM Portable, and at work i have EssentialPIM Network. May I sync my Essential PIM's and stay confidential of corurse))?
Thank you!
Hello,

you can synchronize your Portable EPIM with Network, using EPIM Sync. I am not sure though what you mean by "staying confidential". All data will be synchornized. You can use one-way sync.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Wer666

Post by Wer666 »

Thank you, Max!
All data will be synchornized
When I said "staying confidential" - I mean that I do not want to my tasks, notes, contacts marked as "private" in Essential PIM Portable sync to Essential PIM Network. It Is impossable?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

In EPIM Sync Tools-> Options you have the option to exclude "Private items" from synchronization.
Maxim,
EPIM Team