Task synching causing palm to crash

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
lschlack
Novice

Task synching causing palm to crash

Post by lschlack »

I started using the tasks section of EPIM Pro Port 2.02 again today. I was keeping all of my tasks in a tree view but they came over to to the palm flat. Aside from that the tasks functioned fine. I have been trying another program just for tasks that maintained them in tree view on PC and palm.

I have determined that keeping the tasks in tree view on the palm was not as working to my advantage and settled on keeping tasks flat in EPIM (where I prefer them anyway) and filter them them using categories on the palm so all due tasks would show at once because of the flat filing and the filter by category would allow me to clear up clutter as needed and view by project.

I set my categories, enter my tasks in epim and select a start date for some, a complete date for all of them and assigned the appropriate category to each task.

I Synched the epim with the palm and at the end of the synch the handheld did a soft reset. Everything I synched came over, everything launches fine, cal works (with latest info), contacts worked(and was updated), I dont synch the notes, and when I go to launch the todo's on the hand held it crashes.

I went back removed the start dates from the few I had set them on. synched again, and still crash. I also set the epim view on the pc to both table and tree view and synched the same thing happened each time. I am going to go back and remove the category settings and see if that helps and synch again.

EDIT AS FOLLOW UP: I removed the category selections from my to do's and synched again, same result, reset at end of synch, resets when attempting to launch the tasks on the handheld.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Larry
I can't believe I actually had to do math to get an account here! If you are seeing this message I finally got the answer right.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello Larry,

what Palm OS do you have? Does standart Tasks application allow you to have a tree? If not, that explains why EPIM makes tasks tree flat.

As regards Palm application crashing- we do not modify anything on palm, except putting in some data, but it should not be a reason their application crashes.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
lschlack
Novice

Post by lschlack »

Max,

Thanks for the reply,

My palm OS is 5.4.9. My standard tasks list does not allow tree view. That was not my question. My tasks initially synched to the palm no problem, they just came over flat, again I understand thats how the palm works, no problem.

The issue started when I changed the categories in EPIM Pro Portable added my tasks (about 20 or so) and then synched. The palm crashed at completion of synch process, and when I tries to launch the tasks on the palm it kept crashing.

in order to get the tasks to stop crashing, I disables the task synching from EPIM, enabled task synching from the palm desktop and synched. The synch completed properly, and the tasks now launched. For the moment I am managing tasks from palm desktop. When I have a little more time I will see if I turn off desktop syncing and turn back on EPIM synching if everything synches back up properly. This may have been an isolated incedent.

Perhaps in a future version of EPIM we may get a palm application specifically for EPIM that allows us tree view access to our notes and tasks on the palm, maybe not.

Keep up the work on the development of your product.
I can't believe I actually had to do math to get an account here! If you are seeing this message I finally got the answer right.