EPIM portable does not recognize itself

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

a8907433
Guru

EPIM portable does not recognize itself

Post by a8907433 »

This is a fact I notice from the beginnig, but never minded up to now:
I use EPIM in the portable version, no mailprogram installed on my Windows. Sometime EPIM gets an error and then I could click "send error message to EPIM" and if I do that....... of course nothing. There is no application installed for this kind of action (because I use EPIM portable). Then I could copy & paste the error message in a new email to EPIM support.....

But WHY?
Why does EPIM need an installed mailprogram if EPIM itself could send an error-message? Why is EPIM portable so dependent on Windowsfunctions if itself has the capability to do this?

Many versions ago (V6??) I could EPIM tell the sound it should play if a new mail comes in- now EPIM tries to call what it is set in Windows, but this doesn´t work.....

I would pay extra for "portable" if this would afford more work on the portable versions......
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM portable does not recognize itself

Post by admin »

EPIM utilizes system-wide common calls to handle mail-related requests. As the portable version is designed not to leave traces in the system, these calls may remain unknown to the system, leading to the situation you described. While this issue primarily affects error notifications, we do not view it as significant.

Regarding the new mail sound, we will investigate this option further.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!