Default app option missing

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

JcTcom
Novice

Default app option missing

Post by JcTcom »

Since I did the auto upgrade to version 12 EPIM tells me it is not the default app for e-mail. When I select "Yes" on the message to set it as default it is not offered in the available apps for e-mail.

Image attached.

Carl
mail_default.jpg
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Re: Default app option missing

Post by admin »

Is that Windows 10 shown in the screenshot?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

Yes. It is Windows 10. Latest updates done.

Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is that the desktop or portable version? If it's the latter, you would need to install the desktop version. Thanks.
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

As far as I know it is the desktop version? I did not do anything other than upgrade from within the program when it prompted.

It was my default before the upgrade then afterwards I keep getting prompted to make it the default. But the option is not presented in the default e-mail apps available.

Carl.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The option should be there, please reinstall EssentialPIM to be on the safe side.
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

I have downloaded and installed the latest version. It is still not listed among the Apps to set as default.
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

Additional info.
I have managed to set Essential PIM Pro as the default E-mail app by going into "Set Default apps by app" and "Choose Default apps by Protocol". But when I open Essential PIM Pro it again prompts me to set it as default. If I select "No" then it seems to remain as the default. If I select "Yes" then it brings me to the default apps dialogue where Essential PIM Pro is not offered and it is again no longer the default app.

So the only way I can maintain it as default app is to select "No" on the prompt that pops up each time I open it.

Carl.
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

I have found a work-a-round for now. If I disable the "Check to see if EPIM is the default mail app at startup" option then it no longer prompts me and it does not switch it off.

But this is a temporary fix as I think I should be able to leave that setting on and it should not prompt me if it is already the default app. And of course it should be listed as one of the available apps under "Mail" in the regular default apps section.

Carl.