Widget icon and functionality

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
paulvp
Novice

Widget icon and functionality

Post by paulvp »

I've had this issue for some time now and hoping there might be a fix for it. There's a couple of things going on in fact:
  • I have the calendar and PC sync widgets on the home page of my phone. When I first add the widgets to the home page, the look fine. But after a while (not very long usually), they spontaneously change to the generic EPIM icon (see screenshots).
  • the second issue is that the PC sync widget doesn't work. When I tap the widget, I get the message "App isn't installed".
If I remove the widgets from the screen and then add them again, they look normal (i.e. they look like the grey widget icons) and work as expected. However when the icons change, the sync widget stops working as mentioned above. The calendar widget continues to work fine. I'm able to sync my phone to my desktop EPIM by opening the calendar, opening the menu and selecting PC Sync. So the sync actually works but can't be triggered from the widget.

I'm not certain if any particular event causes the icons to change but restarting my phone appears to trigger the issues. It's possible that updates to the Android operating system or EPIM itself also trigger the issues but I'm not sure about this. I note that similar issues have been reported in the past including here:
viewtopic.php?p=120008&hilit=widget+icon#p120008

Of possible relevance also is that I have/had this issue:
viewtopic.php?t=37241

My current setup is:
PC: Windows 11 Pro 22H2, EPIM 11.8.3 (portable instalation)
Phone: Asus Zenfone 8, Android v13, Android EPIM v 6.0.17

Any help appreciated.
Paul
Attachments
widgets01.jpg
widgets02.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Widget icon and functionality

Post by admin »

We will look into the issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!