EssentialPIM 11.8 Release Candidate: Embrace the Future of Productivity!

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

EssentialPIM 11.8 Release Candidate: Embrace the Future of Productivity!

Post by admin »

Welcome to the unveiling of EssentialPIM 11.8 Release Candidate! Get ready to experience a new realm of productivity with our upcoming version. The pre-release candidate is available for testing, offering a sneak peek into what could soon be the final release – pending your valuable feedback and bug discovery.

Discover the Exciting New Features:
  • Meeting Invitations: Effortlessly invite participants to your appointments and tasks. Let EssentialPIM automate the processing of received responses for seamless event management.
  • Google Meet Conferences: Integrate Google Meet conferences seamlessly into your schedule. Link conferences to appointments effortlessly, enhancing your virtual collaboration experience.
  • Synchronization Period: Take control of event synchronization across all supported services and platforms. Set specific time frames to streamline and optimize your workflow.
  • Navigation With Keyboard: Navigate your email list swiftly by pressing a letter on your keyboard. Jump to the section containing that letter, applying to the fields messages are sorted by.
  • Advanced Search Enhancements: Refine your searches by category, mail account, and mail folder. Search for notes and tasks by path, empowering you with precise and efficient search capabilities.
  • Email Grouping: Tailor the grouping of emails for each folder according to your organizational preferences. Customize your email layout for a more intuitive and organized workspace.
  • Last Used Options: EssentialPIM now remembers your last used options for the Adjust Dates dialog window for events and tasks.
  • Image Handling in Notes: Experience improved handling of inserted images in notes, especially when the window changes size.
  • Recurring Patterns in Tooltips: Gain a quick and comprehensive overview with recurring patterns now included in tooltips for events and tasks.
  • Email Collection Optimization: Streamlined the Collected Addresses group by preventing the automatic collection of emails already present in contacts.
  • Conflict Resolution: The conflicts resolution window for synchronizations is now resizable. Enjoy a better overview of proposed changes, ensuring smoother synchronization experiences.
  • Various Improvements: Benefit from numerous smaller improvements and bug fixes, enhancing your overall user experience.
How to Experience the Future Today: Note: This version updates your database file, rendering it incompatible with previous EPIM versions.

To synchronize your EPIM databases created or opened with EssentialPIM 11.8, please download EPIM Synchronizer 11.8.

We eagerly await your feedback on this version. Your insights are invaluable and will help us make any final adjustments before the official release. Thank you for being a part of the EssentialPIM community!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
M&M
Experienced

Re: EssentialPIM 11.8 Release Candidate: Embrace the Future of Productivity!

Post by M&M »

>> Meeting Invitations (finally):
EPIM for Android allows adding contacts - I hope it corresponds to the meeting invitations and is synchronized with Android accordingly. Unfortunately, only contacts with email addresses can be added (I only want to add contacts for direct access to their data from the appointment and the added contacts should also be synchronized with Android).
In addition, the dialog box for creating a new appointment is now very confusing and requires the full height of the screen - area for notes too large.

>> Advanced Search Enhancements and Email Grouping:
To design the view of the data, there should be a Smart List in each module whose entries are the results of combined search, filter, sorting and grouping actions. The entries in the Smart List can be created via the Customized view. To do this, sorting, grouping and search results must also be included in the Customized view. In this way, each user can prepare and display their data according to their needs and situations (facts). This means that the previous design functions, which are distributed across the entire program interface, are no longer required and are replaced by the powerful individual instrument of the Smart List in conjunction with the Customized view.

The existing sorting criteria or filters are certainly a first step. However, users have hardly any options for structuring their data according to their individual needs and circumstances. I would therefore like to draw your attention to my comments in the forum, which explain the options for personal structuring via the "Smart List" in conjunction with the "Customized View Bar":

>> User-friendly appointment and note management ( viewtopic.php?t=38291 )

>> User-friendly email management ( viewtopic.php?t=38292 )

>> My basic concern & small change requests ... ( viewtopic.php?t=38294 )

* In my opinion, the future of productivity needs more user-friendliness and ergonomics. The new functions that appear with each new version of EPIM seem a bit aimless to me. BUT fundamentally, EPIM is an excellent tool due to its dedicated use.