'Number of Subtasks' indicator

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

DD1
Novice

'Number of Subtasks' indicator

Post by DD1 »

I appreciate the ability to see the number of subtasks for an item when I view my entire task list (the small grey box in the subject line) - saves me a lot of time. But when I change my view and group tasks by date, that indicator is no longer visible.

The problem I'm hoping to solve is that when I have a parent task due today (but the subtasks may not be due today), I have no idea that the parent task has any subtasks, so I sometimes miss reviewing all of the elements of the parent task because I have to flip back and forth between views.

The easiest solution would be to allow me to see the subtask indicator box in any view. That way, when I see a task that has subtasks, it signals me to look in another view. In the long run, I'd appreciate the ability to see a parent task and all subtasks regardless of the due date of the subtasks - as long as the parent's due date is today.

This small change would save me a lot of time and clicks.

Hope this makes sense, and thank you for your consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Number of Subtasks' indicator

Post by admin »

Ok, thank you very much for the suggestion. Let's see if other users would support it, especially this part: "I'd appreciate the ability to see a parent task and all subtasks regardless of the due date of the subtasks - as long as the parent's due date is today."
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
DD1
Novice

Re: 'Number of Subtasks' indicator

Post by DD1 »

All I need in the short run is the indicator in all views.
I'd think that would represent a simple step forward.