Need SINGLE-CLICK way to move SELECTED email

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

eanm
Novice

Need SINGLE-CLICK way to move SELECTED email

Post by eanm »

Hi, in 2018 I was about to buy EPIM when I noticed a "deal-breaker" issue. I needed a SINGLE-CLICK way to move an email from my Inbox to my Read folder. Like Outlook gives you. Managing one's inbox is the single biggest challenge we all face, and this is an essential feature. Drag and drop is insufficient for multiple reasons. And pulling up a context menu to click on a destination folder is TWO clicks with some intermediate mousing. ONE click is far better. Outlook lets you create a button on the ribbon to move the already SELECTED emails(s) to the Read folder. Actually it lets you create multiple such buttons, each to a different folder.

See attached JPEG for an Outlook example. The button is labelled "to Read".

Has such functionality been added? (Please say yes so I can dump Outlook :) )
Thank you.
Attachments
snip of Outlook ribbon.JPG
admin
Site Admin

Re: Need SINGLE-CLICK way to move SELECTED email

Post by admin »

Thank you for the suggestion; it has been noted. However, I regret to inform you that since there have been no similar requests in the past, the feature is not yet available in EPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
eanm
Novice

Post by eanm »

Thank you. For what its worth, I DID request it in 2018. I'm quite surprised its not a feature given that inbox management is such a business challenge these days. A single-click "move to Read" button strikes me as being in the category of basic functionality for any decent email client.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I understand that you have a specific point of view, but it is important to consider that since 2018, there hasn't been significant support from other users for the original idea. Consequently, the priority for implementing this particular request may not be the highest at the moment.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter. If you have any other suggestions or requests, please don't hesitate to let us know. We value your feedback and are here to assist you.
eanm
Novice

Post by eanm »

I understand. I bet people would love you for it though, if you implemented it. I'm just gonna speculate it hasn't crossed their minds. I'm quite confident the Inbox is a major nemesis for most people in business.

Is ePIM built on Microsoft "controls" technology? I'm not sure I'm asking the question correctly, but there are some macro programs out there that can access identifiable parts of a specific application window. Things like a button, an edit box, a toolbar, a window title bar, a drop-down menu, or other items. I've used Macro Express and AutoIt to do some Windows automation, and am interested in seeing if I could create this "single click move" functionality myself.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Frankly, we are not familiar with the term "Microsoft controls technology," so it is unlikely that EPIM supports it. However, you can always check if you have used it with other apps in the past. Thank you!