Backup stopped!!!

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Steve Shank
Guru

Backup stopped!!!

Post by Steve Shank »

I was checking my backups and EPIM stopped making them on Sep 29. Somehow my options had been changed from backup to don't backup! Also from my backup folder on my data drive, to the program folder on the C drive.

I worry that this occurred during an update. I can't remember recently going into options and certainly am not going to turn off backup or point them to the wrong place. Something went wrong.

Maybe this is just a one time weird anomaly, maybe it is just me, but perhaps it is an issue and others just haven't checked that the backups that get made every day are actually getting made. I've not had anything like this happen before.
PeCe
Guru

Re: Backup stopped!!!

Post by PeCe »

I don't know the date, guess it had to do with the update to 11.7.1 (since it was recent) but recently experienced the same problem. Somehow the back-up option was disabled. Luckily I did see it soon after that change, because I manually copy my database to the cloud, I found it strange, but enabled it immediately and since then it is active again.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
VictorParkerPIM
Guru

Post by VictorParkerPIM »

Same here, my options had changed. I reset the backup folder and I've checked it every day since.
This has happened to me, more than once and I think it was after ver. updates.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate the issue and take the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again in the future.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

To make it short ...
Backup diactivated on my side and none of the sub-options where to backup to (lokal/EPIMcloud) was active, which normally is the case when backup is deactivate manually (suboptions remain checked, but grayed).
Last backup file in cloud is about one month ago. Whether this is about an update made at that time, I donot know. All I can say, is, that I normally do an update as soon as it is available.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.