Program freezes when changing sidebar task display options - 11.7 & 11.7.1

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

amijo
Novice

Program freezes when changing sidebar task display options - 11.7 & 11.7.1

Post by amijo »

Hello there.

As usual, thank you for the improvements in latest versions.

Since 11.7 (and today I have just tested in 11.7.1) there is a bug related to the display of tasks in the sidebar: if you select 'Consolidated', Group By 'Due Date' (or 'Start Date'), things work mostly fine (see below). But if you also select 'Detailed' view, the program freezes and you have to kill via Task Manager. In some rare occasions, the program may go on working for a while but it freezes eventually. After killing it, if you launch it again the main modules of the program are displayed but no information is shown; the program is frozen again and you have to kill it again via Task Manager, becoming unusable. The only way to get it back to work is editing the 'EPIM.ini' file and changing the property 'todosdatemode' within the 'Tasks' section to a value of 3 (both 1 or 2 make the program to stop working). I hope this helps you track down the bug.

When working without the 'Detailed' view I noticed in 11.7 that the tasks grouped as 'Overdue'. 'Today' and 'Tomorrow' where sometimes wrong (something that was overdue was shown for today, and something due for today was under the tomorrow group), but I would say that this has been solved in 11.7.1. I will check it a bit more and report back in case that I find it not working.

Thank you in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Program freezes when changing sidebar task display options - 11.7 & 11.7.1

Post by admin »

We have been unable to reproduce the issue with EPIM freezing as described. To further investigate the matter, we kindly request that you try replicating the issue on a new test database. If the problem persists, we would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with a short video showcasing the problem. This will assist us in accurately reproducing and addressing the issue by following the steps outlined in the video. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
amijo
Novice

Re: Program freezes when changing sidebar task display options - 11.7 & 11.7.1

Post by amijo »

Sure, I have recorded a video showing the situation. I will send it via PM.

Thanks.