Stop reminder sound from "ringing"

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
kdgdr
Guru

Stop reminder sound from "ringing"

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

I have some reminders that ring a reminder sound at the specified time.
Then of course these rerminders show up in the reminder window, but often I can not do these things immediately - meaning the items stay on the reminder window for a while.
Meanwhile the reminder sound rings over and over each time I do something in AEPIM, which is very annoying.

Currently the only workaround I have found is to mute my phone while I am working in AEPIM, but if I forget to unmute afterwards I miss calls, notifications from other apps, etc. ...

Please consider to make AEPIM mute repeating reminder sounds that are currently caused by doing other actions in AEPIM.
Just like in WEPIM: reminder sound doesn't repeat there every time you do something else in WEPIM.

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stop reminder sound from "ringing"

Post by admin »

Please navigate to the Settings menu and ensure that the "Reminder repeat interval" option under Notifications is set to "None."
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kdgdr
Guru

Post by kdgdr »

Hi admin,
admin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:22 pm ensure that the "Reminder repeat interval" option under Notifications is set to "None.
That is the case.

In order to reproduce:
  1. create a task and/or appointment with a reminder, set to notify you in about 3 minutes.
  2. now wait 3 minutes for the notifications and do NOT complete/delete/modify/... these items.
  3. then do something totally different in AEPIM: create another task or appointment, delete a task or appointment, switch to another app, etc. ...
You should notice that the notificiations repeat in step 3, even with "Reminder repeat interval" set to "None".
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are unable to reproduce the issue. Please create a short video demonstrating the steps you are taking when encountering the issue. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!