[SOLVED] Open email in new window with keyboard (in vertical layout)

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

eddie_s79
Experienced

[SOLVED] Open email in new window with keyboard (in vertical layout)

Post by eddie_s79 »

Hi,

Sorry, if there is already an option for that (I did't find it):

Current situation: If I want to open an email in a separate window, I need always to double-click (mouse) on the email subject/title row. If I use the context window with keyboard (SHIFT+F10) and select "Öffnen" (open) and press Enter-key the email is already open in layout "Vertikale Ansicht". Nothing happens. Also the context menu does not offer an option like "Open in new window".

Suggestion: Implement an additional context option to open the email in an "new window", or trigger "Öffnen" to open always in an new window in vertical layout.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work!
Last edited by eddie_s79 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Open email in new window with keyboard (in vertical layout)

Post by admin »

Pressing the Enter key will open the selected email in a separate window. Is that what you were looking for? Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
eddie_s79
Experienced

Re: Open email in new window with keyboard (in vertical layout)

Post by eddie_s79 »

Pressing the Enter key will open the selected email in a separate window. Is that what you were looking for? Thanks!
Yes. I was. I found the problem: I had to switch back to Classiv View and then back to Vertical View. Now the Enter key works again. Strange. Thanks for your time. Solved.

Sorry for posting in Suggestions. I thought it was a feature missing in Vertical View.