compact mode for note tabs and smart lists in the new beta

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

FireBrand2026
Guru

compact mode for note tabs and smart lists in the new beta

Post by FireBrand2026 »

Hi, I don't have access to the beta forum so hopefully it's okay to post this here.

I like the idea of the side tabs in the new version but I think there needs to be a compact mode.

I made a quick mockup of what I think I good compact mode would look like.

I myself tend to give all my note tabs only 1-3 letter names I treat them a lot like an index system, which puts them all at about the size of a standard Icon. So I think for a compact mode you would turn the "tab bar" into an Icon strip, and get rid of all the expanding/collapsing stuff. That way it's just a nice clean compact line of tabs.
2023-06-02_153915.png
S_Belle
Guru

Re: compact mode for note tabs and smart lists in the new beta

Post by S_Belle »

In the beta section I recommend or asked for a way to put the tabs back at the bottom, but I most admit I really like that mock up.

If a compact mode like that was added I'd be willing to rename all my tree tabs to use this view. To be honest I've been thinking about replacing all the tab names with emoji's anyway. Which I think would look pretty sweet in a layout like this.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

+1 !! I like it too!
Rose Ford
Guru

Post by Rose Ford »

+1 This would work very well for me as I do a similar thing. As in only having tree tabs named with single letter. So the more compact the better.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Such a compact mode should also indicate the account to which the notes belong.
In any case we got the idea and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you very much!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Triple S
Expert

Post by Triple S »

admin wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:43 am Such a compact mode should also indicate the account to which the notes belong.
In any case we got the idea and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you very much!
There should be an option to hide "accounts" for sure. I'm sure I'm not alone as someone who only uses EPIM for Offline and single account with no sync. After all EPIM was marketed as a way to have control of your data and avoid prism spying for years, and all the online accounts, and syncing is literally just giving your data away to big companies and big government.

If you want to not betray a large section of your old users I'd strongly recommend not pushing cloud and sync in a forceful way. It's already bad enough that you force the "EPIM CLOUD" advertisement on paying users on the navigation pane. I'm sure you do a lot to protect your cloud data, and I'm also sure there is already a big government or four that has it all download and in a nice database because of all the back doors built into everything as exposed by prism and such other things years ago.
saturn.65
Novice

Post by saturn.65 »

Привет!
Для чего в новой версии такое большое расстояние текста от начала таблицы? Это не компактно и съедает много места зря. Просьба переделать, что бы текст начинался с самого начала строки, как на картинке.
-------------------------------
Hello!
Why is there such a large text distance from the beginning of the table in the new version? It is not compact and eats up a lot of space in vain. Please redo it so that the text starts from the very beginning of the line, as in the picture.
https://i.postimg.cc/9XZQwJtG/1.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are thankful for your suggestion.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!