The "Insert Date and Time" function is not working properly

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

samsam
Novice

The "Insert Date and Time" function is not working properly

Post by samsam »

The "Insert Date and Time" function is not working properly.

I used this format "d-MMM-yy h:mm tt [dddd]" previously and was working whenever I press "Ctrl+Space".

Right now "Ctrl+Space" is not working and when I try to reassign the keys at the Shortcuts menu, it will fail to assign "Ctrl+Space" and will just assign "None" by EPIM.

I just assign "Ctrl+Alt+Space" and was able to use that function. But the problem is the format that I used "d-MMM-yy h:mm tt [dddd]" will always be reset to "dd/MM/yyyy h:mm tt" everytime when I exit EPIM.
Attachments
DNT1.png
DNT1.png (8.33 KiB) Viewed 546 times
DNT2.png
DNT2.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 546 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: The "Insert Date and Time" function is not working properly

Post by admin »

Which module are you attempting to use the shortcut for inserting the current date/time in? Additionally, please provide the specific key combination you have tried to assign as the shortcut and indicated it did not work as expected. Lastly, could you provide the version number of your EPIM installation?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
samsam
Novice

Post by samsam »

The version I'm using is EssentialPIM Pro 11.5.3.
I'm using the shortcut in Notes module.

I raised 2 issues.

Issue 1. Ctrl+Space shortcut is not working and unable to assign it in Shortcuts menu.
Issue 2. Custom pattern "d-MMM-yy h:mm tt [dddd]" is reset to default format after exit from EPIM.

For issue 1 the problem is due to Microsoft PowerToys, after an update received 2 days ago the issue was resolved. Right now I'm able to use Ctrl+Space to insert the Date and Time.

For issue 2 the problem is due the password length. Recently I changed my password from 12 characters to 25 characters. After this I start to encounter issue with the Insert Date and Time shortcut as it will not save the custom pattern.

I did a test and password length with 22 characters will still save the custom pattern. The issue started after the password length is changed to 23 characters and EPIM will reset the custom pattern to a default format.

I tested this on my existing database and also tested on a new empty database.

I used the Encryption algorithm: AES (Rijndael), 256 bit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for providing us with detailed information about the two problems. We apologize for the inconvenience, but as we are currently unable to reproduce the second issue, it would be helpful if you could record a small video demonstrating the problem on a new database.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!