(Solved) 11.5.2 New Appointment Fails

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

CraigS26
Guru

(Solved) 11.5.2 New Appointment Fails

Post by CraigS26 »

Following today's - Email Link - dnload-Install of 11.5.2 (I already had it & Today's dnload changed things) ................
In the Upper Left (blue) - New Appointment - block -OR - ... Rt Clk in a date square - New Appt - I get nothing when clk'ing OK.
NEW TASK Works (May 30 with Chk Mark is New Task )...
Anyone else have this?

Dropbox Video Deleted since it's not relevant now......
Last edited by CraigS26 on Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: 11.5.2 New Appointment Fails

Post by ecsaltz »

I am running v11.5.2, I have no problems creating a new appointment such as you describe.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CraigS26, please check if you have any filters enabled that may be preventing you from seeing the newly created events.

ecsaltz, thanks for checking the issue out!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:54 pm CraigS26, please check if you have any filters enabled that may be preventing you from seeing the newly created events.

ecsaltz, thanks for checking the issue out!
I don't use Filters but IF EPIM set one up itself HOW would I Know That?
11.5.2 I installed prior for help on another issue worked - Today's dnload apparently changed something....

5-25-23 CALENDAR RT CLK FILTERS.jpg
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For example, a new event may be created in a calendar that is not currently selected on the left.
Also, there were no changes made to the download files for EPIM 11.5.2.
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

a new event may be created in a calendar that is not currently selected on the left.
Don't know what ...not currently selected on the left .... means.
New Appt has Always Worked UNTIL Today's Dnload - Install

Would uninstall App / re-install be the Next Step / New DB is a pain but will do IF necessary ....?
Last edited by CraigS26 on Sun May 28, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to the selection of calendars. If certain calendars are not selected, the events associated with those calendars will not be displayed. You may want to check the list of calendars on the left side and ensure that all the relevant calendars are selected.

Reinstalling the software may not resolve this particular issue, as it seems to be related to the configuration or filtering settings. To further troubleshoot the problem, you can try creating a new database and see if the events are displayed correctly in that instance. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your current database or a more general configuration setting.
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:49 pm It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to the selection of calendars. If certain calendars are not selected, the events associated with those calendars will not be displayed. You may want to check the list of calendars on the left side and ensure that all the relevant calendars are selected.

Reinstalling the software may not resolve this particular issue, as it seems to be related to the configuration or filtering settings. To further troubleshoot the problem, you can try creating a new database and see if the events are displayed correctly in that instance. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your current database or a more general configuration setting.
Good Call. Chking MS 365 Box Fixed New Appts - Although I don't have MS 365.
When you guys told me to convert IMAP to Exchange months ago, I wrongly Clk'd the Exchange, MS 365 choice, cancelled that I thought, BUT it's been there since. I've since Gone Back to IMAP per admin Post that MS had fixed the issue that caused the change.
I thought this box had been UN-Chkd all along - BUT that's obviously not true.....
Many Thanks!

P.S. To add a little humor to the Thread, all my wife's - at bellsouth.net -- emails and My Hotmail emails have started going First to Deleted Items, and Now as with Last September thread, they're going to SPAM. I just move and Delete as needed. Nothing on EPIM's side was ever found & I believe that.
Will live with it.

5-25-23 SOLVED NEW APPT.jpg
5-25-23 SOLVED NEW APPT.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 642 times