EPIM sync design

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
SkipHill
Novice

EPIM sync design

Post by SkipHill »

Trying to understand what the design under the covers actually does and does not do so I can figure out a combination of syncing that works for me between EPIM, Outlook.com and Google.

I do have issues with Outlook.com and Google created events and tasks getting to EPIM, although going the other way works as expected.

The design question I have is this. Does the sync from EPIM outbound only work for EPIM user created things like events and tasks? What I see is that an event created in EPIM by syncing with outlook.com does NOT get "forwarded" in the sync to Google.
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM sync design

Post by admin »

If an event was created under the Outlook account, it's not going to get to Google unless it gets copied to the calendar under the Google's account first.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
SkipHill
Novice

Re: EPIM sync design

Post by SkipHill »

"Unless", implying that if it did get copied to the calendar under Googles account first, it would get synced. So, may I infer, whatever/however things get into specific accounts (created manually in the user interface or through syncs), they will be synced.

Maybe what I was missing/misunderstanding is that the sync is to a specific account in epim. I guess I thought the calendar was a shared thing, so if something got into the calendar from an epim<>outlook sync, it would be there to get "copied to" google by the epim<>google sync.

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong, or I just have expectations that won't be met. What I was trying to get to was to be able to create an event/task in any of my environments and have it show up in the others. Those are desktop Outlook 2016 (only until I get happy enough with epim to retire that), Outlook.com, google, and something on my phone.

And maybe the all wrong thinking was that syncing would do this for me, when I should be trying to figure out how/where to share a read write calendar?