Can't send email

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

requiredusername
Guru

Can't send email

Post by requiredusername »

We have 3 email addresses set up in EPIM. 2 gmail, 1 outlook, and 3 optimum. I can send email from 1 gmail acct, but not from the other 5. FWIW, the two gmail accts are set up EXACTLY excluding username/password. Email settings for outlook and optimum are set up EXACTLY as shown in the web sites. I get no error messages, but CTRL-SHIFT-V doesn't send messages.
BONUS: Under EPIM Tools>Account Settings>individual email addresses>Server settings>Outgoing servers, I have 14 accts? listed? How do I know which ones/if any I can delete?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't send email

Post by admin »

Could you please provide us with the specific error message that you're receiving?

For outgoing mail servers, the account that is currently selected will be marked with bold and a "selected" sign. You can check which accounts are currently using the outgoing mail servers and remove any that are not being used.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
requiredusername
Guru

No error messages. I get the popup showing progress. All end up "Complete."
Feature request. Instead of showing them as "SMTP oauth," how about showing user name.
I have literally selected every available "Outgoing server" listed for a couple of emails. None work. All of the worked a week ago. NOTE: I changed email password on 2-3 of them, but updated the passwords in "Server Settings" and "Outgoing servers." I guess I'd get an error if the passwords were wrong.
requiredusername
Guru

OK, I have all emails working EXCEPT outlook. I can receive emails, but not send. Copied SMTP settings fro outlook.com EXACTLY.
If anyone have settings and/or suggestions, let me know.
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

Are you using Outlook.com? Or is it some other variation of Microsoft's failed webmail attempts (hotmail, etc?) - What exactly is after the @ sign in that email address?
requiredusername
Guru

myaddress@outlook.com
It has worked for months until a week or two ago
requiredusername
Guru

And more.
I can send/receive emails to/from the outlook accounts using the stand alone apps Outlook, Thunderbird, and MailBird. But, the same settings don't work in EPIM.
One curiosity. When I start send receive, I get the Send/Receive popup. All emails are listed in the popup except the 2 outlook accts. They show (or I should say I THINK they show) on the popup as two blank lines with a checkmark and "Completed." Yet, no emails are sent and no errors.
I have removed/added both - twice.Still can't send emails.
A question from curiosity . . . In Tools>Accout Settings>Select an Account>Edit>Identities>Edit, I see "Use Accounts default server." How do I know what the default account is?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please make a short video demonstrating how the send mail option works for your outlook.com account.

You can choose to use another outgoing mail server for a specific identity, not the default account.
requiredusername
Guru

For reasons I don't understand, my problem healed itself . . . almost. I can send/receive all emails but one. Sending fails with "Spam detected by content scanner." Regardless what I put in the Subject/Body, I get that error. Is that EPIM or my ISP?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please forward us the log file (you can find it by going to Tools->Options, selecting "Logs folder", and looking for the file that begins with "Mail"), we'll be able to tell more then.
requiredusername
Guru

Never mind. I found the problem. In testing, I sent a number of emails from one of my addresses to another address. EPIM (I guess) didn't like that and saw it as spam. Sent to another address and it work perfectly. After 2 days, I sent an email to the offending address. worked perfectly.