My New Exchange Protocol Question

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

CraigS26
Guru

My New Exchange Protocol Question

Post by CraigS26 »

I changed my EPIM IMAP Hotmail Acct to Exchange at -- admin's suggestion -- and the SEND Authentication Failure stopped - SEND returned.

I see this MS 365 Folder below ONLY in the Calendar module and I'm guessing it's because when first attempting the New Acct Exchange setup I Saw -- Microsoft 365, Exchange -- and clk'd it .... likely entered my Hotmail Password in the process but thought I stopped the Setup Before completion.
I DON'T have MS 365 But Pretty sure in a repeat attempt I then clk'd Outlook.com and somehow found the Exchange choice in a later screen.

I say all this because when I DELETE Hotmail emails I'm having 2-3 cycles of them going to Deleted Items, delete them, they go to DRAFTS, delete from there, back to Deleting from Deleted Items, and last time they THEN went to SPAM. If I open the Deleted Items Folder after Deleting them they can Re-load back there again.

Can any of this DELETES craziness be associated with having first clk'd -- Microsoft 365, Exchange -- and using my Hotmail password before I cancelled the setup ? ANY WAY to reverse this?

AND, Do I say I have IMAP Exchange, just Exchange ... I can't recall all of the clicks i did setting up Exchange although I'm pretty certain I went back to Outlook.com as the starting point )....

Thanks!

MS 365 Sub-FOLDER in CALENDAR.jpg
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
admin
Site Admin

Re: My New Exchange Protocol Question

Post by admin »

That shouldn't be the case. Please delete a sample email and if it goes through a number of cycles (folder) like you mentioned above, forward us the mail log file, will check what's causing such a behaviour.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!