Sync EPIM cloud with AEPIM does not work at all

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
StreifLicht
Novice

Sync EPIM cloud with AEPIM does not work at all

Post by StreifLicht »

Syncing EPIM cloud with AEPIM does not work at all.
I cannot sync any task. It worked before I have updated the Windows version to the latest release.
Syncing between WinEPIM and the EPIM cloud seems to work. But with Android EPIM there is no way to sync. Also PC-sync does not work. Status window tells me "all synced", but no success at aii.
The only thing are the list registees which were synced. But ni tasks...
Last edited by StreifLicht on Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync EPIM clod with AEPIM does not wokhat all

Post by admin »

Will check the issue with EPIM Cloud. Direct WinEPIM-Android EPIM synchronization works for tasks in the Local Tasks account.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jvo
Novice

Re: Sync EPIM cloud with AEPIM does not work at all

Post by jvo »

I too have a numerous problems since the new release pc and aepim - numerous issues , translating to lost time and work.

I've gotten past them by clearing android sync data (in db management), and clearing the data and cache on the android machine, essentially a 1-way sync. you have to re establish permissions and ip address on aepm in sync.

I'm not clear whether all this poor quality control is done in the new releases and be able to 2-way sync and android fully.
StreifLicht
Novice

Post by StreifLicht »

Hi jvo,

Thank you for your post. i am not a professional programmer. I only need a fully functional tool for managing tasks and appointments. I need a program or app which helps me in doing this management without data loss. I have no time for doing trial and error strategies with clearing app cache and so on.
I need menu points like >Tools>Reinitialize sync or
>Tools>Initialize one way sync Windows to cloud or >Tools>Clear cloud completly.
Just for instance.
Currently I have disconnected the EPIM cloud completely and I am working ONLY locally in Windows. I lost too much data to try syncing data again. I am waiting until the clear statement from the developers is posted, that the bugs are fixed.
But obviously my usage mode is not that for what I have initially choosen Essential PIM.
I have these problems sinca around christmas and am still waiting for the fix. I hope the fix will be released soon....
StreifLicht
Novice

Post by StreifLicht »

"I lost too much data to try syncing data again. I am waiting until the clear statement from the..."
For instance I lost all user fields data which I have defined. Date values are now numbers. Yes/No fields are not functional any more and so on and so on....