Unable to synchronize iPhone with PC

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kimbo

Re: Unable to synchronize iPhone with PC

Post by kimbo »

I have also had on-going problems with syncing both my iPhone and iPad with EPIM, even after deleting and reinstalling Bonjour. This issue began in late October/early November 2022. For me, the key to syncing both devices with my desktop PC (running Win 10, latest updates) is to make sure that the Bonjour service is running on the desktop. For some reason, every time the PC is rebooted, the Bonjour service is set to disabled and the service is stopped. My solution being able to sync with the PC desktop has been to start Task Manager, click on the Services tab, scroll down to Bonjour, highlight it, right click, click on Properties, and then click on Start under the Service Status heading. Also, even though I change the Service Type to Automatic, it still gets reset to Disabled whenever the PC is rebooted. Just now, I also opened the Recovery tab in Bonjour Service Properties and selected Restart the Service for both the First Failure and the Second Failure. We'll see if that has any long-term effect...

Since EPIM support has known about the sync issues for weeks, I'm seriously considering going back to Efficess (Efficient) and abondoning EPIM altogether.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We cannot influence the Bonjour service behaviour, unfortunately. Normally it should start automatically upon restarts.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kimbo

Post by kimbo »

That does not help anyone get their devices synchronized with EPIM. For whatever the reason, if I can't sync my PC desktop with my Apple devices I'm going to leave EPIM and use an application that does.
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

Thanks kimbo for the help.
Now something has started to happen between iPhone and PC.
We'll see what happens?