Android Task not showing a date & time

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
randyrls
Novice

Android Task not showing a date & time

Post by randyrls »

Hello; When I create a task on Android the date and time fields do not appear. I have the "Manage Task Fields" is set to display "Date" But on Windows I can create a task with a time and date. After sync, the task shows up in windows with no date & time. I can then update it in windows and then (after sync) it shows in Android as a task with a date & time. Still does not show the date & time on Android. I have the "Show Task in Calendar" option set. Long time user of EPIM.

Android EPIM ver 6.0.7 Samsung S9+ Android ver 10; "One UI" ver 2.5
Windows EPIM ver 10.1.1 (I don't want to upgrade to EPIM ver 11; tried but was a disaster)

Thank you for your time and attention.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Android Task not showing a date & time

Post by admin »

Please backup you AEPIM data and reinstall the app. If still no go, click on Menu->Manage fields and make sure the Date fields are set to be visible. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
randyrls
Novice

Post by randyrls »

Hello; Did the backup and restore and reinstalled the app, but still see no date & time field on tasks. I installed the app from Google Play, but this isn't the "Pro" version. Is there a way to install the pro version? I have the license key from my original install. I do not see a way to change the data and time fields display. I will see if I can download the Android version again.

I clicked on "Upgrade to Pro" but it says " You already own this item". I have the email from Google Play where it says I ordered the Pro version with the order number, but no key.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The regular version will become the Pro one once you upgrade to Pro. Click on Menu->Upgrade to Pro. Although, this will not influence availability of the fields. You need to be in Tasks module, then there's the button with three vertical dots at the right hand upper corner of the screen, tap on it and choose: Manage fields. That's where you should make the Date fields visible.
randyrls
Novice

Post by randyrls »

OK; I lost the message I was composing so not happy.

I did do that. The Tasks - Date field is already showing visible. Tasks I created on the Windows and sync'd have the date field shown in the task list, but the data/time doesn't appear in the display task.

I put on my forensics hat. I looked in that the Tasks settings and the Date was already set to "visible". After Reinstall but before the restore, I could see the date/time fields in the Add Task display. During restore, when It asked me if I wanted to "Erase Existing Data" I replied NO. The date and time is now showing on the add task and edit task displays. and the tasks are there. I don't know how Firebird handles its database settings, but I suspect something there was corrupted. Don't want to research further.

Now I just need the Android PRO version.
Below is a copy of the email I received form Google play when I purchased the PRO version on my Android phone. So,,, how do I re-install the PRO version? I am logged into Google play store. It will not let me install the pro version. It just says "You already own this item".

<snip>
Google Play
Thank you.
You've made a purchase from Astonsoft Ltd. on Google Play.

Order number: GPA.1305-9836-0451-28587
Order date: Feb 24, 2016 8:54:23 AM EST
Item Price
EssentialPIM Pro (EssentialPIM) $3.99
Tax: $0.00
Total: $3.99
Payment method:
AT&T 17177771286

</snip>
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think there's something wrong with Google Pay as it doesn't recognize purchases made that long ago. At least I couldn't locate your order using info provided, unfortunately.