Appointments in EPIM / Android calendar - 2 hours difference

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

pimpam
Novice

Appointments in EPIM / Android calendar - 2 hours difference

Post by pimpam »

Hello, everyone,

I've been using EPIM for a few years now and haven't had any problems so far. But recently I've had problems synchronizing appointments (always use the latest versions, currently 11.1 - Lifetime).

If I enter an appointment in EPIM on the PC, e.g. 11:00 a.m., then 1:00 p.m. is displayed in the calendar of my smartphone after the Google synchronization. The date and time on the PC are set correctly in my opinion. I currently have the settings on the PC set to "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically" (the "Time zones" setting is greyed out then). I've also tried to change these settings (e.g. switched off "Set time zone automatically"), but so far without success. But maybe that's not the reason?

If I enter the appointments in the Android calendar on the smartphone and then synchronize them everything works perfectly and the times are also correctly synchronized with the EPIM desktop software on the PC (so I have the correct time there).

I'm a little at a loss as how to get the synchronization of appointments from the PC right.

Maybe someone has an idea and can help?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Appointments in EPIM / Android calendar - 2 hours difference

Post by admin »

Please mention your current time zones as on your PC as on your Phone. Do you synchronize with Android EPIM through Google Calendar or with the default calendar's app on your phone?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
pimpam
Novice

Post by pimpam »

Date and time an PC:
- Set time automatically = on
- Set time zone automatically = on
- Time zone = (UTC +01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern...
Date and Time on Android:
- Automatic date and time = on
- Set time zone automatically = on
(when i turn off the automatic time zone in android it shows: "GMT+02:00 Central European Summer Time")

I synchronize with Android EPIM and Android aCalendar+ (so with two calendars on Android) with Google - and on both calendars I've got this time difference.

Now I just tried to set a time zone on the smartphone that also shows +01:00 (like on the PC). But this still gives me an hour difference in synchronization on the smartphone (although this is called "UTC" on the PC and "GMT" on the smartphone). But then the wrong time (1 hour back) is also displayed on the smartphone.

But as mentioned, this only occurs when I sync from PC to Android. It works the other way around.

Thanks for a reply.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Time zone settings seem to be ok. So you initially synchronize Windows EPIM with Google Calendar? If so, please check the time zone settings for the particular Google's calendar you synchronize EPIM events with.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
pimpam
Novice

Post by pimpam »

That was the solution. My main Google calendar had the wrong GMT setting (GMT 00:00). Now I have set the correct GMT (+02:00) and it's correctly synchronized again.
Thanks very much!