EPIM WON'T START!

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ConLand
Experienced

EPIM WON'T START!

Post by ConLand »

Big problem: EPIM doesn't start.

Well, it starts to launch and then gives a blank reminder, then crashes. The reminder window cannot be shut down, nor does EPIM respond before the crash.This started suddenly today.

I was able to restore a backup, but that was more than 1 day ago and I entered a large amount of information since then (and reconfigured a bunch of accounts).

Is there a way launch it in "safe mode" and repair the database?

This type of crash without launching is a really big problem, for obvious reasons!!

EPIM_crash.jpg
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: EPIM WON'T START!

Post by ecsaltz »

ConLand wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:17 pm Big problem: EPIM doesn't start.

Well, it starts to launch and then gives a blank reminder, then crashes. The reminder window cannot be shut down, nor does EPIM respond before the crash.This started suddenly today.

I was able to restore a backup, but that was more than 1 day ago and I entered a large amount of information since then (and reconfigured a bunch of accounts).

Is there a way launch it in "safe mode" and repair the database?

This type of crash without launching is a really big problem, for obvious reasons!!

EPIM_crash.jpg
Some things to try:

- Un-install, and re-install EPIM.

- Create a new database, play with it, close EPIM and re-open that new database.

If all that works, then try opening your original database and see if that works. If it doesn't, then someone else might have additional suggestions short of sending the database to EPIM for repair.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
ConLand
Experienced

Re: EPIM WON'T START!

Post by ConLand »

Update: It finally started and eventually got rid of the empty reminder without crashing.

However, one of my Outlook.com accounts (bad) then duplicated all appts from a "good" account. It also wasn't syncing with Outlook.com. I finally deleted the "bad" account sync and added it again, and it all seems to work now.

So the issue with EPIM appears to be something with Outlook.com accounts, calendar and reminders. It would be great to get a bit more stability in the program instead of more features.