EPIM Cloud HTTP/1.1 401 unauthorized

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

I signed up to EPIM Cloud to hopefully get over this new way of synchronizing WinEPIM and my AEPIM devices, but every time I try to start WinEPIM or hit the grey man at the bottom/left corner to sync I get that message come up in the subject bar. I used the password given to me by yourselves in the email but it only gives me access to the online dashboard, not to the sync utility. I thought the password would work on both the online dashboard where I access my cloud account AND the sync utility. Obviously, I was wrong about that. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
firstoftwins
Guru

Re: EPIM Cloud HTTP/1.1 401 unauthorized

Post by firstoftwins »

Still no help from the development team on this one, despite noticing others being offered new login details to simply overcome this issue.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

I keep trying to reset my password for my newly-made EPIM Cloud because it won't sync, but every time it tells me my password is wrong and directs me to reset it, it fails to send me the promised instruction to the given email address. Is there a massive problem going on with EPIM and EPIM Cloud this week?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Forward me via PM your EPIM Cloud username, please.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Scott McCairns
Novice

Post by Scott McCairns »

Same problem: new EPIM Cloud account, but cannot sync from WinEPIM. Login is no problem, but I get the same "401 unauthorized" message when I attempt to sync. What is more frustrating is that when I attempt to open a support ticket from the Hostbill.Cloud site, I get the message "There is no active support departments at the moment"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scott, please check your mail.
HFSchrOEder
Novice

Post by HFSchrOEder »

Same here...

:-(
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Thanks for the login detail by PM, admin. The problem now is that sync only uploads 15 items at a time when the old method used to sync the whole database in one go in a matter of seconds. I've set auto sync to 1 minute to get my database fully loaded but that's still going to take a very long time to get my database on the cloud. Is it always this slow?

Look, I can see why the developers are making things difficult for ordinary syncing between WinEPIM and AEPIM like it used to be, and yes, I've now taken out an EPIM Cloud subscription to overcome this obstacle, just like you hoped your users would, but can't we just go back to how it was before you went down this route?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The very first synchronization could take longer if there's many items to process.