V11 - Today, Go To Date etc

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

GetOrganised
Novice

V11 - Today, Go To Date etc

Post by GetOrganised »

Since I updated to 11.0.2, I now find myself hunting the screen for the 'Today' button in Calendar. Has this moved? Unfortunately, I don't have any record of the screen layout in the previous version to compare. I use this constantly and would prefer a big button in the middle, right above the day of the week. Same with Go To Date. I use this a lot and find myself digging in to menus to get it now. Has it also moved?

Moving the module list over to the far left is fine, but I now have a big blank area with 'Local Calendars' at the top. I can't size the month calendars below to fill that area. Seems like a waste of valuable screen real estate.

Finally, when entering a new appointment, can we have the option of creating a duplicate appt on the day before, prefixed 'Tomorrow:'. I always do this manually for significant appts. I know I can add a second reminder set for a day before, but that doesn't actually make an entry on the previous day. I find it very useful to see these 'pre-entries' when looking ahead.
Intel i7-4770K 3.5GHz 64-Bit. 8GB memory. SSD disk. Win 7 Pro. Usually on latest EssentialPIM version.
admin
Site Admin

Re: V11 - Today, Go To Date etc

Post by admin »

Yes, location of the Today and Go to buttons has changed.
Untitled.png
Moving the module list over to the far left is fine, but I now have a big blank area with 'Local Calendars' at the top. I can't size the month calendars below to fill that area. Seems like a waste of valuable screen real estate.
Likely there's simply not enough space to fit in another month.
Finally, when entering a new appointment, can we have the option of creating a duplicate appt on the day before, prefixed 'Tomorrow:'. I always do this manually for significant appts. I know I can add a second reminder set for a day before, but that doesn't actually make an entry on the previous day. I find it very useful to see these 'pre-entries' when looking ahead.
Thanks for the suggestion, noted.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
GetOrganised
Novice

Post by GetOrganised »

Hi. I would never have found the new Go To Date mechanism, but now I know! But I still find it harder to locate / hit the Today button, compared to the previous versions. Not a showstopper, but I use it a lot. See my attached visualisation of a big, mid-screen button. Also highlighted the big blank Local Calendar area, which I can't re-size to make smaller.
Attachments
ScreenShot2407.jpg
Intel i7-4770K 3.5GHz 64-Bit. 8GB memory. SSD disk. Win 7 Pro. Usually on latest EssentialPIM version.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion, noted.

As for the empty area - will see what we can do here.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ablamis23
Novice

Post by ablamis23 »

Totally agree with GetOrganised!