calendar module won't sync or be imported

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

firstoftwins
Guru

calendar module won't sync or be imported

Post by firstoftwins »

It won't sync to any android device or my Google account, and when I export it to then import it into the Google calendar it fails, no matter what file option I try. Of course, I've tried the oft-successful method of making a new data file and syncing my old data file with the new, but the issue remains. Anyone else out there having sync problems since upgrading to ver. 11?
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: calendar module won't sync or be imported

Post by ecsaltz »

firstoftwins wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:55 pm It won't sync to any android device or my Google account, and when I export it to then import it into the Google calendar it fails, no matter what file option I try. Of course, I've tried the oft-successful method of making a new data file and syncing my old data file with the new, but the issue remains. Anyone else out there having sync problems since upgrading to ver. 11?
v11.0.2 - I can't sync the Calendar from WinEPIM to AEPIM. I don't recall if v11.0 or v11.0.1 had this issue. I don't do any other types of sync currently.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It actually can. If you sync AEPIM with Google Calendar, make sure you have the same Google Calendar added into EPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

ecsaltz wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:39 am
firstoftwins wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:55 pm It won't sync to any android device or my Google account, and when I export it to then import it into the Google calendar it fails, no matter what file option I try. Of course, I've tried the oft-successful method of making a new data file and syncing my old data file with the new, but the issue remains. Anyone else out there having sync problems since upgrading to ver. 11?
v11.0.2 - I can't sync the Calendar from WinEPIM to AEPIM. I don't recall if v11.0 or v11.0.1 had this issue. I don't do any other types of sync currently.
Odd: WinEPIM created (on its own!) a new calendar just for my Samsung Galaxy U22 Ultra Android cell phone (AEPIM v6.0 RC1), and will only sync with that calendar, none of my other WinEPIM calendars. I suspect that happened with v11.0.2, I had not noticed this earlier.

Please resolve this ASAP, I need to sync with my local calendars.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Yes, it seems you've confirmed exactly what I've been experiencing after upgrading. Where syncing my WinEPIM to my android devices was simply a matter of hitting the sync button, a new calendar has appeared on my WinEPIM and there's no calendar syncing between them. I tried syncing to my Google calendar for the first time after this issue arose because I need cross-platform syncing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you wish to sync AEPIM directly with WinEPIM, it will be synchronized with its own calendar under your phone's account.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

admin wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:06 pm If you wish to sync AEPIM directly with WinEPIM, it will be synchronized with its own calendar under your phone's account.
Actually, it won't. When I add a new synchronisation and then try to sync, a new calendar (Calendar 1) appears under my device name, for some unknown reason but the calendar doesn't sync like the previous version of winEPIM did.

ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

firstoftwins wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:14 pm
admin wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:06 pm If you wish to sync AEPIM directly with WinEPIM, it will be synchronized with its own calendar under your phone's account.
Actually, it won't. When I add a new synchronisation and then try to sync, a new calendar (Calendar 1) appears under my device name, for some unknown reason but the calendar doesn't sync like the previous version of winEPIM did.

My exact situation as well! I am clueless why the developers have done this.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

And just look at the wasted use of valuable real estate in the calendar module for this new nonsense. Why did they have to complicate a simple, working sync utility by separating the WinEPIM calendar from the AEPIM calendar only to then hopefully join them as one by synchronising them? (rhet)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You mean events from Calendar1, which is under your phone's account aren't synched? If so, cannot reproduce the problem. Are you on AEPIM 6.0?
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

admin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:24 am You mean events from Calendar1, which is under your phone's account aren't synched? If so, cannot reproduce the problem. Are you on AEPIM 6.0?
No, I mean events from the calendar module, now renamed ‘Local Calendars’ aren’t being synchronised with my android devices, now named ‘Calendar 1’ under the title ‘samsung SM-S908B’ Of course, if I toggle ‘Local Calendars’ off to leave a blank calendar and add something to it, that addition will sync with my android device. But I don’t want that. I want to sync with my now named ‘Local Calendar’ not ‘Calendar 1’ and I have no way of copying and pasting all my thousands of entries from ‘Local Calendar’ to ‘Calendar 1’ and nor do I want to because that will double the size of my Data file. Why did the developers bork calendar synchronising, and if it was such a great idea to separate the calendar module into two to sync them why didn’t they bork the other synced modules as well? This is a bad idea.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can easily move events between two or more calendars by using:
1. Drag&drop
2. Copy-paste
3. Choosing the desired events, right clicking on them and assigning another calendar
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

So, where I used to be able to simply sync my WinEPIM calendar to my various android devices in one movement, I now must copy each entry from my WinEPIM calendar and paste it into the correct day of my AEPIM calendars, thereby doubling up all the thousands of my calendar entries, or even tripling up if I want to sync my calendar to my galaxy tablet as well. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious way to do this in one go. If this is such a great leap forward in the development of this app why haven’t the developers made us double up our ‘Notes’ module, our ‘Passwords’ module and our ‘Tasks’ module similarly?
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

I have an Android Samsung tablet and an Android Samsung cell phone. Both are running AEPIM v6.0 RC1. I have WinEPIM 11.0.3

Sync with the tablet correctly populates the AEPIM calendar from "Local Calendars". No new calendar associated with the tablet is created in the WinEPIM Calendar module. I am happy.

Sync with the cell phone will not populate with "Local Calendars" appointments, but, will with the newly created calendar caused by creating the initial sync profile with the cell phone within WinEPIM in the first place. If I delete the cell phone sync profile in WInEPIM, delete the new calendar that was created, and create a new sync for the cell phone - the problem resurfaces. I am not happy.

How can I get the traditional sync behavior return to the cell phone that the tablet continues to enjoy?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Simple answer - you cannot. We may change this a bit in the future, so that all devices are able to sync with a separate single account, although there's no coming back to the old system.