How to take out an adress of spam filtering

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

How to take out an adress of spam filtering

Post by poet-man »

Hi there,

suddenly I donot get mail from amazon anymore into my inbox. Instead the mails appear in Spamfolder. Ok, maybe my mistake.
How can I tell EPIM that this is NOT spam (dont see anything like that).

Thanks
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
a8907433
Guru

Re: How to take out an adress of spam filtering

Post by a8907433 »

I have the same problem- for years now. Clicking on "not spam", reseting training data, sending log-file to Astonsoft- nothing helps so far.
I think Astonsoft is thinkig of the possibillity of whitlisting emails (see another topic here somewhere).
At the moment, the only possibility is making a rule: move Amazon from spam to inbox.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can add the recipient to a list of contacts and then enable the option to except messages from that particular recipient from being spam filtered.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

@admin: This would work (adding to contacts). BUT: Here collide two different problems: 1) > sender to contacts- now it is excluded from spam. That´s ok. BUT: 2) When writing an new email, clicking "New Message!, "To", typing in "a...."- then I get the correct contact with "a". When adding Astonsoft, Amazon and others with "A...." to my contacts, this list gets longer and longer! There is no way to exclude contacts from the pulldown-list ("To").
Either you should implement a separate whitelist, or you should implement the option "exclude certain contacts (for example "Contacts which are NOT SPAM") from the "To" dropdown list!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Point taken, thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!