Creates extra spurious columns in contacts.

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

FredMau

Creates extra spurious columns in contacts.

Post by FredMau »

10.2.1 pro, just started 30 day trial. After installation and sync to my Office 365 online account, I immediately noticed two issues:

#1 - In the contacts view, it created 18 spurious columns where the title of the column is a person's name from my contact list, but the column itself is empty.

By that, I mean that my columns are titled: First Name | Last Name | Middle Name | ... |Company | Job Title | Business Phone | Other Address | Other City | Other State | Other Postal | Other Country | Doe, John | Email | Doe, Jane | Jones, Bob | George Smith | Etc. etc., with a dozen or so more random names but not ALL the names from my contacts.

#2 - In the Business phone column, all the number appear inside quote marks. SOME, but not all, of the numbers will have an additional " at the end along with a +, some will have an extra comma at the end:

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 version 1809 build 17763.2928

EDIT: For #2 it appears to be merging the "Business 1" and "Business 2" numbers, I just wasn't seeing the whole column. But how does it know WHICH number to call???
FredMau

Re: Creates extra spurious columns in contacts.

Post by FredMau »

And the quotes only show up on numbers in the business phone column:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Creates extra spurious columns in contacts.

Post by admin »

Please forward me via PM the sync log file so that we could check what kind of data EPIM gets from Office365 and why it looks like on your screenshots. The log file can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse... and its filename should start with "OutlookComSync". Thanks! 
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!