Import One Contact from Contacts.Epim (or .CSV) Backup

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

CraigS26
Guru

Import One Contact from Contacts.Epim (or .CSV) Backup

Post by CraigS26 »

Can I do this?
My presumption is that when I Clk Import and Browse to a 4-27-22 Contacts.Epim backup that Clk'ing on it won't let me cherry-pick that one Contact - It will Import the entire File.
Any help is appreciated!
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
PeCe
Guru

Re: Import One Contact from Contacts.Epim (or .CSV) Backup

Post by PeCe »

Correct, clicking on import - *.epim will import an entire file.
Clicking on import - contacts - *.epim will import only contacts, but it will be all contacts, not only one.

If you want to restore only one contact from your backup, then you can open ([file] - [open...]) the back-up file and copy the required contact. Then go back to your usual epim datafile and go to contacts, then you can paste that contact and it will be back on file.

In fact you can restore even more than one at a time if you want. Then you have use CTRL-click to select multiple contacts from your back-up, then use one of the copy options. Go back to your usual epim datafile and go to contacts. Then with paste all previous selected contacts will be placed into your database.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Peter. I got what I needed from the .CSV Backup / Open with Notepad /BUT a New Question ....
I saved an Email to a Win 10 Explorer Folder as -- Rebate Submitted.eml -- and it had 2 attachments.
I Clk'd on it and saw the email opened.
I tried that open email's Save As TO the DB's AppData\Roaming\EPIM path = Wrong idea.
It Won't Copy-Paste to the Mail module in open App, so How would I import that one email .eml backup.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Simply click on File->Import->Mail :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

That's neat! Import went straight to the Target Email apparently because it was the last .eml item I looked at.
For anyone doing so ... I last checked my wife's Inbox (still hi-lighted) AND the Import went to HER MAIL, even though it shows the email is from me. So hi-light your Target Folder when Importing.
Thanks again.