[Notes] Raw text when copying into clipboard?

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

littlebigman
Guru

[Notes] Raw text when copying into clipboard?

Post by littlebigman »

Hello,

While on a trip, using my Android phone, I couldn't log on to my ISP's web-based email server because it told me the password was wrong after I copîed it from the Notes section of EPIM.

Turns out it was because the data in the clipboard isn't raw text, but is somehow formatted: If I first paste it into a basic text editor (à la Notepad), and then copy-paste it into the web browser, it works.

Is it a feature of EPIM's Notes — in which case, can it be disabled? —, or is it due to the Evolution X ROM running on this phone (not my choice; I bought it second hand)?

I notice all words I type in this phone are underlined, but found no way to disable this in Evolution's Settings > System > Languages & input.

I can always remember to perform that two-step dance when copy-pasting passwords, but I wanted to check where the issue comes from.

Thank you.
Screenshot_20220505-073025_Dolphin.png
admin
Site Admin

Re: [Notes] Raw text when copying into clipboard?

Post by admin »

Why won't you use a special Passwords module for storing your passwords? It's been designed specifically for that purpose and is much more secure.
As for the text formatting. Could you please copy-paste some text somewhere so that we could see the type of formatting there is? Usually there's no additional formatting involved.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
littlebigman
Guru

Post by littlebigman »

Thanks for the idea. I will move passwords into the Passwords module for safety.

When copy/pasting a password from EPIM's Notes elsewhere (eg. Notepad for Android, etc.), I notice an extra space is prepended to the password, eg. "Blah123" becomes " Blah123".

Can you confirm/infirm?

---
Edit: After manually copy/pasting a bunch of items in the Passwords module, I synced up… only to see that it's not available in the Free version ("No records.") :roll:

---
Edit: I can confirm the bug. It doesn't occur when copying the password from another application than EPIM, and pasting it into the browser.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You should be able to sync passwords even with EPIM Free.

Regarding the bug - unable to reproduce it with EPIM 6.0 Beta2. Seems it has been fixed.
littlebigman
Guru

Post by littlebigman »

I'm using 10.2.1 on Windows and 5.8.7 on Android.

I'll check again when a new version is available.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let me know if you'd like to try the 6.0 Beta version of AEPIM out, will forward you a download link.