Birthdays not showing in the Today view

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

KimKamp
Novice

Birthdays not showing in the Today view

Post by KimKamp »

I have Birthdays entered in a Contacts record that are not showing up in the "Today" view.

I have the "Show Anniversaries" box checked in the Options settings menu.

What can I do to fix this? Do I have to reindex something? Is it a program issue?

Thanks!

Kim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Birthdays not showing in the Today view

Post by admin »

Please make sire the "Show anniversaries" option is enabled in Tools->Options->Today.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
KimKamp
Novice

Post by KimKamp »

Yes, I have that set as you say.
I have marked the Birthdays and Anniversaries ac 100% Complete, and it seems that they do not renew for the following year as an uncompleted item. If I DON't complete them, then it works just fine.

I also noticed that the recurring events for Birthdays and Anniversaries do not automatically have the Category set when I enter a Birthday/Anniversary and then save the record. I've had to do the Table view for the Calendar, and manually enter the Category for "Birthday" and "Anniversary".

Would you check into this? It would be nice to be able to mark a Birthday/Anniversary as complete, and have it show up next year (yes, I have the Renewal options set) as an uncompleted item.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, so we started with EPIM Today and we aren't able to reproduce the issue. Please elaborate more about it, more specifically what you do and how you do it - a list of steps is fine.

Next, you continue with another problem related to marking anniversaries as complete. Same request - please describe in as much details as possible what we need to do in order to reproduce the issue.

You can set up the default category for anniversaries by editing the Birthday field in contacts. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!