Picture Size

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
danmichsr
Novice

Picture Size

Post by danmichsr »

Z Fold Phone.... Pictures in Windows are fine and small. The ones in Android are huge and only partially visible. Probably the size is fine on regular phone. Anyway to adjust? Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Picture Size

Post by admin »

Long tap a picture and choose to zoom it out. EPIM will remember the selected size.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

And how to reduce images in data size (like jpg)?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I guess that's a question to be addressed to some third-party image editing apps.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Well ... at least in notes module it's vital. When embedding images, the whole thing (backup) get's huge. So AEPIM should have a possibilty to reduce images heavily!
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
Dierk
Expert

Post by Dierk »

FWIW:
1) Did a screen cap of a "Hotkeys" list for one of my Windows apps (Win 10) & pasted into EPIM (Windows). EPIM Image Properties dialog reports the Size as 457 x 471 pixels - a nice size on the desktop monitor.

2) Did a sync with EPIM (on Chromebook...) and resulting image could NOT be viewed in full - on a 2400 x 1600 screen. Clearly the image (on the CB) occupies WELL OVER the 457 x 471 Pixels reported by EPIM Win.

3) Was able to "Grab" the image on the CB (runs Android version of EPIM) and "Shrink" it to a manageable (viewable-on-one-screen) size.

4) HOWEVER: Upon closing that Note and reopening it, the image was once again shown as a Fuzzy-Way-BIGGER-Than-Your-Display image....

For a FEW images, the above process might be "tolerable" - but anyone who dealt with a significant number of images would probably become very frustrated....