Hide note preview in calendar view and fix text color

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Ardeo
Novice

Hide note preview in calendar view and fix text color

Post by Ardeo »

Hi, I would have a request to add two stylistic tweaks to your program:

1. Adding the ability to hide the note text assigned to a task/appointment in calendar view.
2. Disabling the option that automatically changes the color of the text in the task from black to white.

Ad. 1. Why?
I like to add a lot of text to the task description, but it usually looks wrong in the calendar view.
  • In typical for me 0.5-3 h tasks, the text does not fit much and it is usually truncated, so it is still not very helpful (as on an orange task in attachment).
  • A lot of such text leads to confusion when I want to look at the whole calendar collectively and then I could use a simplified view with only the titles. Like "Week agenda" view but arranged in "Week" view.
  • If we use bold at the beginning of the note, its text blends with the title (as on a green task in attachment).
Maybe it would be enough to add a marker that the task contains a note (some icon) if such information is so important?

Ad. 2. Why?
A purely stylistic matter, I don't want to have some tasks written in black and some in white colour (orange vs green task in attachment). This creates the erroneous impression that there are two groups of tasks (white and black) in the calendar and something differs between them. I know that you can assign a specific text color to each of the tasks, but it would be too time-consuming and I think there is no global option for that, right?
Attachments
screen.png
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hide note preview in calendar view and fix text color

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestions and for the detailed use case scenarios.
1. Would be optional if implemented.
2. In most if not all of the cases you get better visibility. Not sure if this feature needs to have an option (disabling it completely is out of question).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Ardeo
Novice

Post by Ardeo »

Of course, I meant to introduce these options only as optional, so that eventually everyone can choose what suits them.

1. I would be very grateful for introducing this option.

2. Since writing them main post, I noticed that from the user's perspective, the problem can be solved with the right choice of colors. I'm not sure about the formula yet, but I guess you just need to choose the right level of color brightness (above 50%?) to keep the text black. So since there is a workaround, I guess that you are right that is not worth to change anything here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. All right, this is already in the "to do" list for implementation in the new versions.
2. Yes the formula is correct, the text color depends on the category color.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!