Can the left hand menu please be fixed soon?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Triple S
Expert

Can the left hand menu please be fixed soon?

Post by Triple S »

It's been several updates since the issue was added to the program and reported less than a day after and every auto update since then I've have to manually edit the lang file to fix the left hand menu because the wall of text for all the note views breaks the icon navigation bar. It's getting kind of redundant to have to fix it manually so often.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can the left hand menu please be fixed soon?

Post by admin »

Not sure I understand the problem and what you expect us to fix here. Please share a screenshot.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Triple S
Expert

Post by Triple S »

It's already been reported, lots of screen shots shared, and you're the one who told us to fix it in the mean time by editing the language file until you did a proper fix, but here's another couple screenshot to help bring it back into focus:
main issue.png
sub issue.png
FireBrand2026
Guru

Post by FireBrand2026 »

+1 been eagerly awaiting a fix for this issue since the issue was introduced in the beta.
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

In your 1st pic I CAN create your Exact look by holding the cursor Over the Right Vertical Border of your slim column and Dragging it to the Left.
So can you verify that you DO / DON'T get 2 Vertical lines & Left-Rt Arrow Icon for dragging the right border either way.
Dragging back Right for Me restores the normal look.

Edit: Sorry I gave right answer to wrong issue.....
Last edited by CraigS26 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
S_Belle
Guru

Post by S_Belle »

CraigS26 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:02 pm In your 1st pic I CAN create your Exact look by holding the cursor Over the Right Vertical Border of your slim column and Dragging it to the Left.
So can you verify that you DO / DON'T get 2 Vertical lines & Left-Rt Arrow Icon for dragging the right border either way.
Dragging back Right for Me restores the normal look.
Sometimes when testing the video I get a Login page and Just Clk the top Rt X to get to video.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxh960zp2ulfl ... n.mp4?dl=0

I think you might be missing the point, we like using the navigation bar in ICON mode, and the wall of text that is the new note view options breaks the Icon mode navigation in high DPI settings, and smaller windows such as the size you get when quad snapping.

Also +1 still waiting for a fix on this too.
Rose Ford
Guru

Post by Rose Ford »

+1 on still waiting for a real fix.
Personally I edit the language file to just have a single letter for each one and it works pretty okay, as other have said, getting kind of annoying to have to re-do the manual patch every update though.

That said I think it was said that the real fix to this will be in the next big version update when "note tree view modes" will be converted into a second vertical tree and we can get rid of this horrible time wasting main tree mode switching system all together, or at least have an option to switch to dual tree format.