Possibility of running EPIM Pro and EPIM Pro Business simultaneously

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

dudu
Novice

Possibility of running EPIM Pro and EPIM Pro Business simultaneously

Post by dudu »

I would like to know if it is possible to run two different versions of the program on the same computer.
In my specific case, I have 2 licenses for simultaneous access to EPIM Pro Business and 1 license to EssentialPIM Pro.
However, I can only use one of the versions simultaneously on the same computer.
Since I have a very large database (over 20,000 patients), I try to break it down into a smaller fraction of about 2,000 with simultaneous access to doctor and secretary and another much larger database with the other 18,000 patients I leave as BackUp, but I can only access this more complete database locally in the EssentialPIM Free version which is obviously inferior to the Pro version.
In summary, would there be any possibility to run the paid versions of EssentialPIM Pro (51MB) and EPIM Pro Business (33MB) on the same notebook?
Kind regards.
Edward.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Possibility of running EPIM Pro and EPIM Pro Business simultaneously

Post by admin »

EssentialPIM Pro Business is essentially EssentialPIM Pro but with a server included. As far as understand both database files are stored on the server and not on your notebook? If so, you can run 2 copies of EssentialPIM Pro on your PC, the first copy will be accessing your smaller database and the second copy is for accessing the larger one.

Please let me know if that's what you were looking for.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
dudu
Novice

Post by dudu »

The problem is that both paid versions are overwritten and my question is whether there would be a way to install them in different directories. For example, when I go to the Control Panel I always see two versions of 10.0.1, both Free and Pro and my question is if there wouldn't be a third version installed? It's just that having two different icons makes it easier for me to use the program and for now I'm only able to associate the paid version with the free one, but I can't have two different icons when I try to access the paid versions, as they are overwritten when installing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You don't need to install several versions. You only need to have a single EPIM Pro installed on your PC, feel free to uninstall the Free version. You start 2 copies of EPIM from the same shortcut icon by clicking on it twice the first time and then twice for the second.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
dudu
Novice

Post by dudu »

Dear Admin:
It really worked!
It is now optimizing the use of my databases.
Thank you very much.
Eduardo.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

You can also make extra shortcuts on your desktop and open a specific database.

make a shortcut to EPIM on your desktop > rename it whatever you'd like > right click > Properties > change the target to something like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EssentialPIM Pro\EssentialPIM.exe" "<path to database here>"
Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EssentialPIM Pro\EssentialPIM.exe" "C:\MyEpimDB.epim"

You can change the icon of the shortcut with the change icon button.

Then you can have two icons that open different databases and have different icons, using the same copy of EPIM.

2021-12-21_093944.jpg
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
dudu
Novice

Post by dudu »

Dear MetalDrop:
Great.
Following your guidelines, it was easy to obtain this new applicability.
My desktop is more fluid and elegant.
Thanks again.
Edward.