Vault: Why can't I add images?

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telemacus
Novice

Vault: Why can't I add images?

Post by Telemacus »

Another feature that I miss a lot is the ability to add images to new entries. Yes, I know I can link an image to a password, but that kind of defies the point of having a password manager, doesn't it?

So, why would I want to add images? different reasons. The one I was using the most with my previous password manager is for my bank cards: Whenever I wish to make a transation, I have to enter one of the codes in this little card. I normally take a picture of it and add it to the password entry, and thus I only have to access the password from that bank and I have all the information available: passwords + codes.

Another scenario: If the password manager falls into the wrong hands, a picture would be useless to the thieves, but to you, it would immediately remind you of some secret word or date, etc.
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Vault: Why can't I add images?

Post by MetalDrop »

You can already attach images and any other files you want to passwords and store them in the database..

make a new password
or
double click an existing password to get into the popup editor.

Click the paper clip

[Add as attachment] -> the image = Stores in the database
[Add as link] = Stores as a file link

Done the image is now saved in the database.
1.jpg
2.jpg
2.jpg (36.15 KiB) Viewed 517 times
3.jpg
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
Telemacus
Novice

Re: Vault: Why can't I add images?

Post by Telemacus »

yes, but as i mentioned in my post, having an attachment (which basically forces you to click on it and open the image with an external viewer) or having a link to it, defeats the purpose. I might as well have a text file with links to the images instead of a password manager.