Calendar timezones

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Essy
Experienced

Calendar timezones

Post by Essy »

I have online appointments in different timezones.
I manually convert to my own time zone and add that to my agenda.
Extra care has to be taken with appointments near start/end of daylight saving time. The clock does not go forward/backward an hour globally on the same date. In those few weeks it's quite easy to be wrong an hour.

I'm thinking about something like:
a]
Enter 1pm Chicago and ePIM enters 20:00 in my calendar. Perhaps adding a note like (1pm - Chicago)

b]
Many of my appointments are with the same people, so I could select them from a list and then ePIM gets the time zone data from their profile.
That could be by just scrolling through a list.
Ideally it will match what I type and asks me to confirm the match. Example, all my appointments contain the name of the person I have an appointment with. So when I type that name (in a special field) ePIM automatically fetches the time zone data.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Calendar timezones

Post by admin »

These are nice suggestions, thanks! Will probably start with introduction of the time zones (point "a") first and then continue with point "b".
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
randyrls
Novice

Re: Calendar timezones

Post by randyrls »

I recently got into this "situation". Not a real bad problem, but on Cell phones and laptops. Don't change the actual database, but a setting that says "Adjust times for timezone settings?" and "Adjust times for daylight savings time?" Add a confirmation question "Is your device set to show the time zone you are in?" Both my laptop and Android phone do this.

PS our agency used a product called Lotus Notes (Yea, I'm THAT OLD!). The program would show the time for a meeting based on the time zone settings on the computer. Some people changed the time zone settings on their computer to UTC. Caused them to be scheduled for a meeting at 2am! :D