Need to delete on line diary

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

dg2008
Novice

Need to delete on line diary

Post by dg2008 »

I have managed to corrupt my PC EPIM database. After a lot of effort I have managed to construct a reduced diary but cannot sync it online. What I would like to do is delete everything online and start with my new PC database but cannot see how I can do this.

Can someone help me please.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Need to delete on line diary

Post by Max »

Hello,

it is not totally clear what you want to achieve. You have several options: create a new database (File-> New-> EPIM Data File). You can also delete all synchronizations in Tools-> Options-> Synchronizations and create them again.
If that does not help, please post screenshots of the problems.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
dg2008
Novice

Post by dg2008 »

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

I have problems with synchronising online and now seem to have 2 separated diaries. The online version is fully of corrupt entries, so I am looking for a way to delete the online diary so that I can then upload my PC version.

Everytime I try to update it just freezes after a short interval.

Hope you can help.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

Sounds like to me what you want to do is remove the Sync from EPIM then go to your cloud provider and delete your EPIM data there then re-add your Sync in EPIM which will let you start with a clean cloud slate.

If your not sure how to delete data from your cloud provider you can try mentioning it here and you might get help from someone who knows how to use it.

If you are using google for instance you can log into your Google Drive account and delete the EPIM synced files there.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
dg2008
Novice

Post by dg2008 »

Thanks for the reply

I don't have a specific cloud provider so assume it must be Google. I will follow your instructions and see what fares.
dg2008
Novice

Post by dg2008 »

I have followed your instructions and deleted all on line data in Google but still it fails to sync. It does fairly quickly start the sync but then stalls as shown in the attached image. Don't know how to get past this stage.
Attachments
2020-02-12_150937.jpg
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

I only sync notes now days, but if I was going to wager a guess since it's stuck on appointments I'd assume that means it's having issues with your calendar data.

Which could be something got messed up in your google calendar, so instead of Drive sign into your Google Calendar account and see if you can spot old or duplicate EPIM calender's there that could be causing the issue.

You may also go in EPIM to the top menu bar -> Files -> Database Management

and see how many local appointments you have stored in EPIM, as if you have too many syncing can run into issues [in my experience google cloud syncing too large of datasets is nearly impossible].
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]