Address book synchronization problem with Google

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
vinpug
Expert

Address book synchronization problem with Google

Post by vinpug »

Hello, I would like to point out that the Epim for android version 5.6.2 does not allow the synchronization of the address book with the google account. When trying to activate the option a message of Settings appears but, even after having authorized everything in the options presented, the option does not work. I specify that I use the epim on a Huawey android model Mate 10 Lite smartphone.
Best regards.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Address book synchronization problem with Google

Post by admin »

We tried to address the issue in the latest 5.7 Beta 2 version of the app (released couple of days ago). Would you like to try it out and let us know how it works for you? Let me know and I'll forward you download instructions. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Can I try to sign up for the beta version on GooglePlay?
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, to speed up the time, I signed up for the beta channel of essentials on Google Play and downloaded the 5.7.2 beta version. I have verified that even with that version you cannot synchronize the address book with google contacts. Moreover I also verified that the other bug that I had reported in another post, and that is that selecting a label from the task management label search are always displayed even those completed, present in the current version is also present in version 5.7.2 beta. I look forward to news.
Best regards
Vincenzo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to disable and then re-enable synchronization of contacts with Google. Will it help?
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, the problem is that you can't activate; when you press to activate it, the option cursor returns immediately and a message that says "Settings" appears at the bottom. I tried to open this "Settings" message and found myself on an "Application Information" page where I authorized all Epim requests, but nothing changed: the option does not activate.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd suggest you to reinstall the app then. Just make sure you make a backup file first.