New to EPIM on W7, Android & iOS.

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

zinzin112

New to EPIM on W7, Android & iOS.

Post by zinzin112 »

I have downloaded the free Windows version to evaluate on W7 Pro 64bit.

For about a decade and a half, I have been using Psion computers from the 3a to the 5, 5mx, S7 and netBook. I've been looking to replace them for sometime without any success. I first bought a Galaxy Note II, but never found any decent software. Then I bought an iPad and when my cellphone provider increased my monthly tariff by 122% I changed to the UK's 3 network, which required a phone without buttons -ugh!

A few days ago my Psion 7 failed, so I installed my CF card backup onto the spare Psion netBook. Time to look seriously for new hardware.

I use a Psion 7 at home and a 5mx out and about. Sync is easy by infra-red.

I've searched 'Psion' here and found a few who miss the superb software found on Psions.

I find the current 'fuzzy' touch screens difficult to use and without buying extra keyboards (which defeats the idea of a pocket-able device), I've decided on using Windows 7 as my 'prime' entry machine and using Android and iOS as 'readers' only.

I use Dropbox to sync at the moment, for my very little use of Android and iOS devices.

My wife (both now retired) managed an office for many years and thinks I should use MS Offce, but I've never used Windows for managing my admin data.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Tks!
Zin.
Max
Site Admin

Re: New to EPIM on W7, Android & iOS.

Post by Max »

Hello,

I was using Psion 5mx quite a few years ago, but those times are gone. Please let me know if I could advice you in regards to EPIM meanwhile.
Maxim,
EPIM Team