Export > Field Select

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Joffi
Beta Team

Export > Field Select

Post by Joffi »

Another Contacts specific suggestion:
Ability to export to CSV only specific, selected fields.

Usage Examples:

- My ISP's spam filter allows for input of whitelisted emails; I export only the email related fields to cvs and have a quick list to use.

- I wish to share contact info with rest of a project group, but do not wish to include certain details, either stock or custom, for whatever reason. Export and deselect those unwanted fields and privacy is maintained.

CSV would be the easiest impliment and would allow EssentialPIM users to import the newly exported CSV file into a new EPIM database for export into the other visual formats (html, rtf, etc). So then that webpage can only have the public info you wish as well.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Good suggestion, thanks! That's now in our to-do list. I suppose we will give the option to setup exported fields for RTF/HTML/CSV altogether.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi! That's done now in Beta 4! I would appreciate if you test and report whether everything is working as you have expected.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Joffi
Beta Team

Post by Joffi »

It's implimented wonderfully in txt, html, and rtf.

However, when selecting export>contacts>CVS it only asks for a filename/destination and immediately exports all, skipping the wonderful export options gui found in the other export format selections.

WAB export is missing it too, but I do not prefer direct wab export, anywho. Rather, import from CVS into OE to use OE's field matching/arranging feature is handier.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Joffi wrote:However, when selecting export>contacts>CVS it only asks for a filename/destination and immediately exports all, skipping the wonderful export options gui found in the other export format selections.
Hi Joffi, we export everything into CSV, since you can easily manually edit the fields after the export. We will implement it some time in the future, but currently we do not see any big trouble:)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Joffi
Beta Team

Post by Joffi »

*nod* From the user's standpoint: agreed. Like I said with wab thing, I'd rather manipulate a complete cvs file directly, anywho.