Syncing with Pocket Informant

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
Tommy2phones
Novice

Syncing with Pocket Informant

Post by Tommy2phones »

Good morning, This is my first post, and I'm afraid that it is a bit complicated!

I use Outlook on my PC and I sync it with Pocket Informant on my iPhone, using a third party programme on the PC, called gSyncIt. I do not use the iOS calendar.
I really want to get rid of Outlook and would like to use EssentialPIM instead of it.

Can anyone tell me if EPIM on my PC will sync with Pocket Informant on my phone please? If so, how should I go about it? Do I export my data from Outlook and import, or should I simply sync Pocket Informant with EPIM?

I think this is do able, but I just need a bit of guidance. I have many years worth of records which I would still like to access and do not want to lose/corrupt.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Syncing with Pocket Informant

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for detailed description! EPIM synchronizes with iOS built-in Calendar. We do not know where "Pocket Informant" picks up data, so we can not answer if it synchronizes with EPIM.
You can definitely synchronize EPIM with Outlook.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Tommy2phones
Novice

Post by Tommy2phones »

Thanks Max, I'm now going to ask the same question at the PI forum! I've had a bit of a play with EPIM and think that it will be excellent for me if I can get it to work.
Tommy2phones
Novice

Post by Tommy2phones »

Hello Max, I asked support at Pocket Informant about syncing with your programme, and this was their reply:-

"Informant can't sync to EssentialPIM. For your events you can sync only to apple calendar, google calendar, informant sync or outlook using gsyncit/exchange/or Informant sync for outlook. There is nothing we can do to get data from that unsupported service."

Is it possible for me to use the Apple calendar as a kind of piggy in the middle? So I set both EssentialPIM and Pocket Informant to sync with Apple calendar and that way, I can use both programmes as I want to?
The Pocket Informant app on the iPhone is a full featured calendar/task manager. I have downloaded your app, which is good for a quick reference, but I need to be able to search my history with a choice of month / week views.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I see. EPIM synchronizes with iOS built-in calendar, so if you set Pocket Informant to sync with same, it may work.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Tommy2phones
Novice

Post by Tommy2phones »

Hello Max. If I sync through iOS, will I lose any tags, categories etc?