Tasks With Pictures in Textfield

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

geistLich
Experienced

Tasks With Pictures in Textfield

Post by geistLich »

Hi,

very often I take screenshots and paste them into mails, sometimes with notes or markers in it. Just now I'm creating a new task and would like to add a picture to the task-description like I do it in emails, but it seems that I can only attach images.

Would it be possible to allow pictures within the textbox? I know - it could be a big change for you to make. Taking care of the preview of EPIM and handling the sync with the Android- and iOS-Apps...

Just want to make this suggestion, because it would be a nice feature on a desktop!
Chris17
Novice

Re: Tasks With Pictures in Textfield

Post by Chris17 »

This is possible with notes, not with tasks.
My vision is to have all formatting-possibilitys of notes within tasks.
As there especially are
  • pictures/scetches (to visualize some facts)
  • anchors, (to make a long history more transparent)
  • sticky notes (to collect content from different documents)
This will be difficult to realize. But why to difference between notes and tasks? All notes might get a status to be reviewed, deleted, adapted to a new situation or something like that wich needs a resubmission. So perhaps it will be simplier to add all "organizing-fields" from tasks to notes?

Because of missing properties of AEPIM it is not a workaround to link a task to those notes who needs a resubmission.

By the way, there are other programs with sticky notes (like notezilla or pnotes) which make it possible to add sticky notes only to special windows, by using the Windows-ID. This is very helpful to make individual annotations / help-texts and to link/notes tasks to documents or URLs.
This is a new desirable feature for Win-EPIM.

Please set these features to the voting-list for features to add to epim, because I found out that these wishes are not only them of my own.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tasks With Pictures in Textfield

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestions, will add them into the voting list after some time.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!