Not able to view contebnt of emails

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Sersti
Guru

Re: Not able to view contebnt of emails

Post by Sersti »

As an experiment, I temporarily set the Inbox sync to Headers and sent a message to that account.
When the message arrived, it only showed the header in EPIM.
No rules applied to the message, so it stayed in the Inbox.
I checked the server and the full message was there.
It seems that viewing a header-only message in EPIM does not always trigger the retrieval of the full message if the sync is set to headers: When I reset the Inbox folder to full messages in EPIM and started a sync manually, the content was available in EPIM as well.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Sersti, thank you for clarification. Can you reproduce maybe the issue on new mail? If yes, we would appreciate an extended log to ma@essentialpim...
We were trying to confirm your theory, but so far unsuccessfully.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

My theory about message rules no longer seems to apply (or at least not always), since there were no rules for the message in my experiment.

First, could you tell me exactly how I should proceed step-by-step before creating the log? It's unclear to me what the mechanism is that makes EPIM try to download the content, how the server "knows" that I need the content of a specific message in a Headers-only folder - and how I can guarantee that EPIM has at least initiated that mechanism. Let me know and I'll send you the log.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Sersti wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:58 am First, could you tell me exactly how I should proceed step-by-step before creating the log? It's unclear to me what the mechanism is that makes EPIM try to download the content, how the server "knows" that I need the content of a specific message in a Headers-only folder - and how I can guarantee that EPIM has at least initiated that mechanism. Let me know and I'll send you the log.
Thanks for agreeing to help! I am not 100% sure I understand your question, but will try to reply.
EPIM tries to download the full message when you try to open the email in a separate window or you just click on an email in main view. Basically, whenever you can see the placeholder for "body" of the email- EPIM will try to download the full message.
You can click "Send/Reiceive"- a window showing status will be called. You can "pin" this window using button in bottom left of this window and thus see whenever EPIM tries to download mail.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Hi Max

I only wanted to be absolutely sure that I had done whatever was necessary to retrieve the content.

I sent you an e-mail with an extended log file. Please confirm that you got it.

2 of the 3 e-mails that I received with the Inbox folder sync set to Headers did not show any content when clicked or when opened in a new window.

After creating the log file, I reset the Inbox sync to full messages, synchronised again and the messages all showed their content.
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Did you get the e-mail with the log?
drrwilliams
Novice

Post by drrwilliams »

I just noticed 8.04 & I downloaded and installed it. As for viewing all of my emails, there is no change. The first one I opened came from Amazon and it would not display. I am getting tired of waiting. I will stop using EPIM for email and either go back to Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook. I will, of course, continue to use EPIM for my contacts & calendar.
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

EPIM PRO v8.04 / Win 7-64 Hm Prem ..... Sept 1-8 I notice random Blank Body emails in wif'e's AT&T IMAP Epim folder. Some emails arrive and load, some do not.
Can be successfully Viewed via AT&T Hm Pg Link in -- https://mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch + more characters -- and successfully Forwarded / Loaded Back INTO EPIM folders. Just initial arrival in EPIM from Yahoo server is the issue. One monthly email has loaded Fine in the past, Headers w/ No Contents 9/6.

I am not clear on File/New/ EPIM Data File and HOW to open a 2nd Data File, make a Dummy Acct, and load / send problem emails to you. Would try with Help..... FYI at the least.
Last edited by CraigS26 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Max? Did you get my e-mail with the log?
AdeV
Experienced

Post by AdeV »

I think this is the same/similar problem to the one I'm having. Except I can almost always see my e-mail content __unless__ I move it to a new folder before it's downloaded the content. If I do that, I lose it forever.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

8.1 and 8.11 versions had multiple fixes also related to this particular issue. Can you please confirm if the issue persists in 8.11 version?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
AdeV
Experienced

Post by AdeV »

Hi Max,

I've been using 8.11 for a few days, and 8.1 before it, and it does seem to be fixed as far as I can tell... I'll do some tests and hopefully I'll remember to let you know ;)
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Just to confirm that this issue was also resolved for me in 8.1
simplynewt
Novice

Post by simplynewt »

I have this problem with my program. Running windows 11 and have Pro Lifetime Version 11.8.2
Cant read nothing in any emails. Has this issue been resolved yet?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The initial issue you're referring to is from 2018, and it has been fixed a long time ago. Please redownload and reinstall EPIM, that should solve the current problem you have. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!