Data disappearing

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Airotto370

Data disappearing

Post by Airotto370 »

Hello,
EssentialPIM Pro user. 7.1 release. Using the windows app, data suddenly disappeared. Reboot, reopen, no data.
Restored from backup taken this morning. Opens fine, data shows (calendar, contacts, etc.) but the data disappears again about 10 seconds after opening the DB. Repeat this scenario at will. Open backup db, data displays and then disappears.
Subscription is current and paid.
Anybody have a clue?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bill
Max
Site Admin

Re: Data disappearing

Post by Max »

Hello,

please update to latest 7.24 version. Also, please tell which synchronizations you are using. Try making your computer offline (disconnect from Internet), start EPIM and see if that's maybe one of synchronizations deleting data (this might be happening if you deleted data on synchronized side)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Airotto370

Post by Airotto370 »

Thanks for the quick response. I had upgraded to 7.24 yesterday and still saw the data disappearing. I just took the computer offline to stop synchronization and data as restored from last good backup is retained. So clearly the synchronization process is wiping out the client side data. Sync is to EPIM cloud.
There was no overt action by the user (my wife) to delete the data when it first disappeared, she had just printed her calendar and the data vanished. How can I reapply the data from the last backup to the synchronized side i.e. I want to overwrite the cloud side data with the backed up client side data.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

OK, please go to File-> Database Management-> Clear EPIM Cloud sync data- that will basically merge the data from EPIM and EPIM Cloud together and will not delete anything.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Airotto370

Post by Airotto370 »

Thanks. I disconnected the internet, restored the client from the last good backup, cleared the EPIM cloud sync setting, enabled the wifi and then synced. That seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks a bunch.