Does it work on multi user accounts on one machine concurrently?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

Does it work on multi user accounts on one machine concurrently?

Post by logies »

Because I have problems to get EPIM Pro Business up and running,
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17307,
I would like to know, whether EPIM Pro Business can work on the same PC for several users at the same time at all (delegating tasks between users seems to be the testcase for this)? For testing this, only another Windows user account has to be created, a feature offered by Windows for 20 years or so. I just tried to install EPIM a 2nd time on the same machine with user rights, but it demands administrator rights so I`m stuck because it seems, that EPIM is not able to generate or use more than one license per machine which would be a prerequisite for working under more than one user account per time which is a prerequisite for using it on a terminal server.
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Does it work on multi user accounts on one machine concurrently?

Post by MetalDrop »

To my knowledge just as another user:
If you are using the business version you should only need one license per machine no matter how many users you are running as long as your license is valid for that many users.

You shouldn't have to be installing EPIM a number of times on the same system. It is perfectly capable of running multiple instances with different logon info.

If you want users to have full access to the program files from all basic users accounts (the only reason I can think you'd need to install it for every user individually) than you may want to try the portable version, as a large point of portable software is so you can "install" it without any admin rights. (You'd use the potable versions of pro and use the license key for business.)
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
logies
Guru

Post by logies »

My experience so far on my terminal server: Yes, no problem using EssentialPIM Business 7.21 parallel under different user accounts on the same machine (Windows 10 Pro, terminal server (XP/VS lite) from Thinstuff). But after (one) installation and first start, every user hat to enter the license number (I have 4 at the moment but will at least double when going productive). I havn`t understood yet whether licensing is restricted to number of activations of clients or concurrent database connections. Will report later.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

The official policy is that you need a license for each username created in the Business version.
EPIM checks number of concurrent users logged in at the same time.
Maxim,
EPIM Team