activating Pro

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

altierior
Novice

activating Pro

Post by altierior »

Hello all,

I have EssentialPIM 6.56 free version loaded on my computer, Windows 10. I just purchased EssentialPIM Pro with lifetime upgrades. I have an activation code and a license key. I cannot find where to enter the code or key to activate Pro.
altierior
Novice

Re: activating Pro

Post by altierior »

Never mind. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. Then upon reinstall, it asked for the key.
rpmonteiro
Novice

Post by rpmonteiro »

Open the EssentialPIM you have, go to the "Help" menu, then "Registration". In the window that opens enter the name and the key that has.
Wavelett
Novice

Post by Wavelett »

I am in the same position. I have the free version(v 6.56) on my pc and android. I purchased the license key and have the email response that the order went through. I don't see anywhere to enter the key in either version. There is no "registration" entry on the help menu on the pc or the android.
How do I activate the pro version, now that I have the key?

Thanks.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Wavelett wrote:I am in the same position. I have the free version(v 6.56) on my pc and android. I purchased the license key and have the email response that the order went through. I don't see anywhere to enter the key in either version. There is no "registration" entry on the help menu on the pc or the android.
How do I activate the pro version, now that I have the key?

Thanks.
I suppose you purchased Windows version and received the license key. Now start EPIM Pro on Windows, make sure Help-> About says "EssentialPIM Pro 6.56", go to Help-> Registration to enter the license.
Android Pro version needs to purchased separately.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Wavelett
Novice

Post by Wavelett »

Ok. That is rather my point. I purchased the "EssentialPIM Pro Lifetime License". Help->About does say "EssentialPIM 6.56".

But there is no "Registration" in the "Help" menu. The only items in the Help menu are "Help Contents","License Agreement","Support Forum",
"Email Support","Subscribe to Newsletter","Website","Check for Updates", and "About". No "Registration" found.

"About" has a link to "Upgrade to EssentialPIM Pro", but that takes me to an order page where they want me to buy it again.

But nowhere to enter the License key.
altierior
Novice

Post by altierior »

Wavelett wrote:Ok. That is rather my point. I purchased the "EssentialPIM Pro Lifetime License". Help->About does say "EssentialPIM 6.56".

But there is no "Registration" in the "Help" menu. The only items in the Help menu are "Help Contents","License Agreement","Support Forum",
"Email Support","Subscribe to Newsletter","Website","Check for Updates", and "About". No "Registration" found.

"About" has a link to "Upgrade to EssentialPIM Pro", but that takes me to an order page where they want me to buy it again.

But nowhere to enter the License key.
I had the same problem. The solution I found I posted here.
Wavelett
Novice

Post by Wavelett »

altierior - did you retain your data when you reinstalled Epim? If not, is there a way to back up the database? I don't want to lose the data I have
entered into the free version.

I was pursuing this issue because if there is supposed to be a "Register" option in "Help" and it is missing, that is a bug that should be fixed, rather
than the users having to work around it. Otherwise, users are going to keep running into it and have an initial bad reaction to Epim.

It was hard to find a good PIM application and I want to see these guys stick around for a while.
Wavelett
Novice

Post by Wavelett »

Just a thought. Do I need to re-download the Pro version to be able to enter the License key? I noticed that the Help>about says "EssentialPIM 6.56"
not "EssentialPIM Pro 6.56". I thought that the free version was identical to the Pro version, with some restriction that could be removed by entering
a key, but maybe that is wrong.

Also, does the Lifetime license cover my android version?
Wavelett
Novice

Post by Wavelett »

I have my solution. The Free version of EssentialPIM is NOT upgradeable. The License is only usable with the Pro version.

This seems pretty obvious to me now in retrospect, but for future users who find this thread, if you downloaded the Free version
to play with for a while and you decided to buy the Pro version, be sure to go back and Download the Pro version, because that it the one you
need to use the License Key with.

Thanks for the help, guys. All the answers were here; It just took me a while to see them.
Ram8
Experienced

Post by Ram8 »

I uninstalled EPIM Pro Android from my phone and then reinstalled EPIM - I am not able to get PRO to activate. Note: EPIM now gives an option to upgrade to PRO. Would not like to pay for the PRO version again.

Please advise. Thanks.
running EPIM Pro 5.6.2 on Android 9 and EPIM Pro 8.53.1 on Windows 10
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It could take some time for the Google Play services to recognize your license. Here's how Google describes the process: https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 3410?hl=en.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Ram8
Experienced

Post by Ram8 »

I need some of the PRO features. I tried to purchase the PRO android version again, but the "BUY NOW" button is not responding in my app.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to reboot your device, will it help?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Ram8
Experienced

Post by Ram8 »

Hi Admin, you were right, EPIM PRO reactivated on its own. I had already rebooted. I am not sure if that was a factor. thanks.