Notes-tables on Android

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Kjell
Novice

Notes-tables on Android

Post by Kjell »

Waiting for Notes on Android to support tables!
Also: tabs, underline text, bold text ...

Will it ever happen ?
sondheimer2
Experienced

Re: Notes-tables on Android

Post by sondheimer2 »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It will. Thanks for the suggestion, your vote counts.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Kjell
Novice

Post by Kjell »

Happy waiting :)
Kjell
Novice

Post by Kjell »

Still waiting !
hanct
Novice

Post by hanct »

Same here. I was waiting for android support for table. I dont mind the tables not editable in android, but at minimum I do wish the tables can at least be displayed in android. However, if tables in android can be inserted with new row and column, I believe we will be even more happy. If the cells can be merge/split in android, it will be a double happiness for us users!

I am just waiting for the day of table support in android to come, so that I can give myself an excuse to fully ditch Evernote.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Working on that. Thanks for all you comments!
hanct
Novice

Post by hanct »

With latest version of 5.0.2.25 of android , I observe that android app still have not yet support table?
Note that i am currently using google drive to sync from my desktop to android .

Will EPIM Cloud (instead of google drive) helps?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest version of Android EPIM is 5.6.2, it doesn't support tables, unfortunately.
Kjell
Novice

Post by Kjell »

I love the Notes module in the desktop version on my PC.
But I don't use EPIM at all on my android-phone because of the Notes module.
Why is it so hard to add some table support ?
Will it ever be ?

PS Another annoying behaviour is the autolinking of numbers.
Please let me be able to disable it !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Table support is still in the plans. The first iteration will most likely lack any table editing features but should still allow you to preserve table's structure when editing text within its cells on Android.
As for the autolinking feature - thank you, noted, will probably make this optional.
hanct
Novice

Post by hanct »

admin wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 am Table support is still in the plans. The first iteration will most likely lack any table editing features but should still allow you to preserve table's structure when editing text within its cells on Android.
As for the autolinking feature - thank you, noted, will probably make this optional.
I am currently using EssentialPIM android 5.6.2 and EssentialPIM Pro for windows 10 (Portable) v5.8.2
Using desktop portable version, I create a table (with some text inside the cells) inside the note and choose to sync to Google Drive. In my mobile phone version, i see the text, but unforunately the table's structure is not there. Then i sync my mobile phone version back to Google Drive. Then now the table structure in my desktop version has disappeared. It becomes the same as that on my mobile phone version.

Since my notes consist of a lot of tables, that would mean that i can only use the android essentialPIM for viewing and cannot edit and sync back to Google drive anymore. Else my desktop will lose all the table structures.
hanct
Novice

Post by hanct »

admin wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 am Table support is still in the plans. The first iteration will most likely lack any table editing features but should still allow you to preserve table's structure when editing text within its cells on Android.
Ignore my previous post. I thought the first iteration of the table support you mentioned is already released to public
hanct
Novice

Post by hanct »

3 months have gone, I assume the table support (even if it lack table editing feature) is still not available yet in Android.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

hanct wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:03 pm 3 months have gone, I assume the table support (even if it lack table editing feature) is still not available yet in Android.
Not that I can see. I have the current 5.7B2 on my tablet and tables do not work in any way shape or form.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]